4 bank battery charger question

tmulliken

4 bank battery charger question

Post by tmulliken »

what brand is the best 4 bank charger? appreciate the help.
civicrr

Re: 4 bank battery charger question

Post by civicrr »

Dual Pro has worked well for me. I had bad luck with the Pro Mariner brand several times. I've never had a Minn Kota but have heard good things about them.

Lost a bank on my Dual Pro & made the move to the Stealth 1 system. It has worked great. Any system I buy in the future will be a Stealth 1.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Stealth 1 Charging system for sure. Been using mine flawlessly for 5 years, and it keeps my batteries charged even from my outboard. It weighs a fraction of the heavy transformer models like Dual Pro, and the hold up to pounding in rough water unlike the transformer models.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

My 2008 ProMariner 4 bank charger was unfixable. ProMariner gave me a whopping $100 discount on a new $410 dollar charger. I bitched and moaned to them because it was only three years old. ProMariner even admitted their chargers are unreliable. Unfortunately, the space I have available in my rear compartment is limited. So, I pulled the trigger on another ProMariner. ProMariner claims the new 4 bank model is improved and more reliable. It looks the same. I'm skeptical.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

toddmc wrote: Unfortunately, the space I have available in my rear compartment is limited.
Stealth 1 takes up less room & as already noted weighs less too...... Sell that Pro Mariner & make the move.
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

tmulliken wrote:what brand is the best 4 bank charger? appreciate the help.
As noted here...the Stealth 1 is really a great charger. They make an AC and the DC charger. The AC charges when you plug in and the DC charges your trolling motor batteries any time your cranking battery is being charged (either by the AC or the big motor).

If you have questions, drop me a line.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

civicrr wrote:
toddmc wrote: Unfortunately, the space I have available in my rear compartment is limited.
Stealth 1 takes up less room & as already noted weighs less too...... Sell that Pro Mariner & make the move.
It took way too much time to get the old charger out and the new one in. I have zip ties everywhere to keep cable rub down in rough water. I'll wait until it breaks. The Stealth 1 will most likely be my next charger though. Are the boat manufacturers offering them as an option?