Stolen Boat.....

Cooch

Stolen Boat.....

Post by Cooch »

For those who have not yet heard, Monday morning between 2:00a-6:00am, the Methyl Island boat ring stole my boat from the dock Yesterday. Please keep an eye out for an unattended Blue Stratos 201 Extreme with COOCH plastered on the sides. If ya should happen ta stumble accross t in yer Delta adventures, please do give me a shout right away, 925-684-9775 or cell 916-717-2104.
Gator

Re: Stolen Boat.....

Post by Gator »

WTF - I hope this scum gets caught by some of the locals - we won't have to worry about a trial.......

Sorry Brotha - if I was there you would have my boat in a second!
Mike Tuck

Post by Mike Tuck »

Wow,
Cooch, sorry to hear about your loss. Theft is rampant right now. In the last month I've had 2 of my Ford super duty utility trucks stolen. Then after coming home from the ABA TOC for two days of rest and before running back up to CL for the WON Classic, some low life broke into my boat and got all but 3 rod and reel combos, some loose tackle, a 3700 Plano of spoons, and a pair of gloves. Total loss man, I had my life collection of crank baits, jerk baits and traps in there, and that sadly will never be replaced. It probably won't even be provided for in the insurance settlement, because who keeps eBay receipts from 5-10 years old? Half of the tackle receipts we get aren't itemized and then on top of that, even if you do have receipts to back some of it, are they still legible from the aging/fading? Another thing, Locker bars don't stop these guys. mine looks like a banana now.

I feel for you man, I hope your losses are kept to a minimum. The one thing I have learned through all of this is prevention is the best protection. I have already had a home alarm system installed, Motion lights are in, and a security(camera) system is going to be installed later this week.

Everybody take notice, they catch these guys but they are back on the street within 2 weeks looking for the next hit. I know of 7 boat/fishing rig hits this month, 10 home, door kick break ins and 15 auto thefts all this month. No I don't live in a bad neighborhood either (Folsom Lake).

Hope they find your sled soon.

Mike Tuck
Swimbait Wannabe

Post by Swimbait Wannabe »

Wow that is a bummer. So sick of hearing stories like this. With a boat so identifiable I worry that they will just strip it. Check craigslist a.s.a.p. Last year my buddies motor was on there 6 hours after his boat was stolen! He called the cops, went over and the guy had a few other stolen motors and assorted merchandise. And the best part was that he had been caught numerous times in the past! Hope the best for you man!
PapaJohn454

Post by PapaJohn454 »

Cooch,

So sorry! You have my sincerest condolences and prayers for its recovery.

John Kent
Monterey
PapaJohn
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, Jesus, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
dwise

Post by dwise »

Problem is with thieves, they get caught, put in jail for a few days, then they're out on the streets again. Even if they do get a sentence, they will be out soon because California doesn't have enough money to keep them locked up in State prisons, so the State pushes them down to the local jails, and with all the overcrowding, if they're in for a non-violent crime, they get let out before they serve their entire sentence. The State just laid off a lot of prison guards.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Sorry to hear that Cooch. Will keep an eye out for her.

Reinhard
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Thieves should die from hemorrhoids.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
poacher

Post by poacher »

that sux ill keep a eye out in so cali cant miss a boat that says cooch all over it
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Thanks guys, word just in via e-mail the boat WAS spotted Monday midmorning free floating somewhere in Taylor Slough. Don't know what direction or any other details unfortunately, but this means it coud have made it's way west towards Big Break, or out Piper towards False River. Appreciate the eyes open from ya if'n yer out there today. Gonna try and get out today and run that west gauntlet myself.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Hope you find it cooch! I hope you are not covered by the FISH ON / WESTMAR / Norman Spencer / American Family home insurance policies, if you are, I know the BS they will put you through... Best of luck finding your boat my friend!
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

So sorry to hear this Andy.. Bastages..

Why don't you hire a small plane and fly the delta.. you would be able to see a whole lot of area that you might miss if it is tucked back in some hole somewhere..
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

That is crap, I hope you get it back un harmed Cooch! Theives are the worst kind of people.
topdawg2700

Post by topdawg2700 »

I agree...that is crap! Cooch I wish you the best of luck in finding it unharmed. Yall scared the crap outta me about leaving stuff in my boat even though it is locked. I ended up pulling everything out last night. It will suck putting all my tackle in and out every time I fish but with all the crooks out there in full force I reckon it will be worth it. Again Cooch...God bless and wish you the best.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Sorry for both of your losses. Theft sucks, and leaves you with nothing but a knot in your gut!

It'll come back around, they'll get theirs sooner or later! You guys hang in, remember someone bigger is in charge of this mess! You will be made right! ;)

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

I've offered Cooch a photo valued at $100K as a reward leading to the arrest of the thief.
He'll make a poster and distribute it around town with a pic of his boat tomorrow. It's easy enough to see, blue with his name so big on it, and maybe someone will fink on a neighbor. I'm praying it all works out for him.
Time is of the essence.

Heck, less than a week ago I was catching fish off of it.
This stuff makes me sick.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Any news Cooch?

Can't print what I am thinking about the perp(s).

:evil:
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Dang... Sorry to hear. Hope you find it soon.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Cooch, I sent you an e mail about the offer, hope you get this out there ASAP and catch these scum bags.
MS
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Cooch is there anything we can do to help with in regards to lost tackle that may have been in your boat, that can't be replaced? Good luck finding your boat, the local authorities should be looking with a helicopter!
Tom
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Michael, thanks for that Print, the $100K Reward posters are out on the island. I also wanna thank Justin for the use of his boat the past two days running all the water round Jersey Island, Bethel and the San Jaquine up to the Mock. Amazing how many sunken boats you'll find when yer looking for em, unfortunately, none were mine. This is blowing up all over the news in the Bay Area right now as we got it first reported on KTVU Ch2 in SF last night,, they ran it at 10:00p and again this morning at 8:00a. Word has gotten out and the news media folks are jumpin on this story, since it turns out a total of 6 boats have been taken, two have been found stripped. I also did a long interview today with The Examiner which will run Sunday.

As much as I want MY boat back, I hold little hope after a week of finding it in much of any salvagable shape, Only time will tell. More so, I want these Pr|cks! This crap needs ta stop right here, it's gone on too long.
ASD

Post by ASD »

Cooch I feel your pain!
Last edited by ASD on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
basstratos

Post by basstratos »

Dale and I are really piss to hear of your situation. Those low lifes need to be taught a lesson.

Your right about the news media taking this story about the boat thefts. This evening in SF, they were reporting that the thieves are after the motors and leaving the boats adrift. I really hope they are caught and given their just due before they are turned over to the authorities.

Anything we can do to help, just give us a hollar.

Lester and Dale
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Gotta yank my boat out. Though I do have a OLD motor. I did some diggin into the BI underworld, supposedly its not locals but thats hard to believe. Im going to send you a PM, my boat is always open.. but I dont get out much :twisted:
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
Linzycuccia

Post by Linzycuccia »

Hey Gentlemen!

Linzy here, Cooch's Youngest. I am in the process of registering for a Benefit Tournament for my father within the Second or third week in December. There will also be a fundraiser benefit the same weekend. All Proceeds from tournament and banquet will go to helping my dad fix or buy a new boat, buy new equipment(rods, reels, tackle, etc), upgrade security on his boat house, and to get the man up and running on the water before Spring hits of 2013.
There are a lot of things set in motion already, and all of your ideas are fantastic, and I would love to have all your input and support in putting this together. Please feel free to call me at 925-421-7459, and I would love to tell you everything that we have planned. Silent Auctions, raffle prizes, entertainment, catering etc will all be taken place.

Be excited to hear from everyone!!!

Thanks a Bunch

Linzy Cuccia