They found it, right here in Oakley......

Cooch

They found it, right here in Oakley......

Post by Cooch »

sitting on a 30 foot trailer abandoned in a residential court. Professionally stripped clean, wires and all. Took the entire steering column, dash panel and wiring bank from the console. This boat was dismantled with care, not wreckless abandon. It's curently locked in a yard at East County Tow on Wilbur. They want $450 for tow, storage and trailer transfer. Guy was kind enough to allow me to take a closer look on Monday morning before I decide what I wanna do with it. Here's a couple pics, they say it all.
boat6.jpg
boat6.jpg (48.41 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
Boat5.jpg
Boat5.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
flipstar

Re: They found it, right here in Oakley......

Post by flipstar »

That totally sucks. Hope they catch the pieces of s##t and tow them behind a boat by there balls.
davet.

Post by davet. »

No, what really sucks is these low life towing yards that kick you in the balls when your down, $450??
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Man that sucks, straight scumbags :evil:
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
dwise

Post by dwise »

Won't the insurance cover most of your losses, including the towing?
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

:evil:

Is that the same hull that you fished on the Columbia?
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Idiots. They will end up in prison, that's what happens eventually. They don't think they are working. Idiots.

Also, my wife even said 'tell him I'm even sorry to hear it happened'.
Last edited by Otay Michael on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

Wow, that really sucks! Hopefully, the insurance company will take care of motor, etc replacement.

On the upside, if you had the time to sit on it, I bet you could resell the trailer for more than $450.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

glad to hear they found it... sorry to see the shape it is in..

Question Andy.. did they find it on that trailer in the pic??? or was the boat dumped on the road and the tow co. transported it on the trrailer in the pic???

At least the law will know the job was done right in oakley and may give them a idea where the bad guys are.. working out of.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Andy Giannini wrote::evil: Is that the same hull that you fished on the Columbia?
Yup, my 2nd trip to the Columbia for that October 2000 Bassmasters, she was brand spankin new for that event.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

stickbait wrote:Question Andy.. did they find it on that trailer in the pic??? or was the boat dumped on the road and the tow co. transported it on the trrailer in the pic???
Yes Mark, it was found sitting in the middle of a court on THAT trailer. That trailer too was stolen, PD wouldn't release any details, But they had to launch it out of somewhere either on the Island or over near BB to Antioch free launch. Which means it was driven locally round town to some stripping facility bigger than a regular garage, dismantled over 3 days and dumped Thursday nite/Friday morning. Amazing they could drive it around, and not rise an inklin of suspecion.
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Cooch,
Not much I can say...other than I am sorry this happen. I hope they find these guys... they need to be caught.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Cooch wrote:
stickbait wrote:Question Andy.. did they find it on that trailer in the pic??? or was the boat dumped on the road and the tow co. transported it on the trrailer in the pic???
Yes Mark, it was found sitting in the middle of a court on THAT trailer. That trailer too was stolen, PD wouldn't release any details, But they had to launch it out of somewhere either on the Island or over near BB to Antioch free launch. Which means it was driven locally round town to some stripping facility bigger than a regular garage, dismantled over 3 days and dumped Thursday nite/Friday morning. Amazing they could drive it around, and not rise an inklin of suspecion.
ya thats what I was thinking crazy that they are so open .. hell anyone that seen a bass boat on a huge trailer would say.. what the hell and at least take note.

Looking like the bad guys are right in your neighborhood..

As for a pull out spot late at night in the dark.. even sugar bardge, or even russio's.. had to be somewhere close.. check around and see if some of the launch areas have cameras??
davet.

Post by davet. »

As for cameras, even intersection traffic cams, gas station cams. Every camera between every likely pullout spot and the dump spot.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
g-man

Post by g-man »

WOW!!

That sucks brotha...
100% LL
whazup

Post by whazup »

These clowns have finally picked on the wrong guy. With the publicity this case has generated, every fisherman in Calif will be on the lookout for mismatched boats/trailers. If they stay in this area, their days are numbered.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Linzycuccia

Post by Linzycuccia »

Hey Gentlemen!

Linzy here, Cooch's Youngest. I am in the process of registering for a Benefit Tournament for my father within the Second or third week in December. There will also be a fundraiser benefit the same weekend. All Proceeds from tournament and banquet will go to helping my dad fix or buy a new boat, buy new equipment(rods, reels, tackle, etc), upgrade security on his boat house, and to get the man up and running on the water before Spring hits of 2013.
There are a lot of things set in motion already, and all of your ideas are fantastic, and I would love to have all your input and support in putting this together. Please feel free to call me at 925-421-7459, and I would love to tell you everything that we have planned. Silent Auctions, raffle prizes, entertainment, catering etc will all be taken place.

Be excited to hear from everyone!!!

Thanks a Bunch

Linzy Cuccia
biteme

Post by biteme »

Looks like it wont be too hard to put back together. Glad you found it!