EVERYONE READ: LET'S HELP COOCH

ScottyJ

EVERYONE READ: LET'S HELP COOCH

Post by ScottyJ »

As we all know Cooch had his boat stolen and stripped. We as a bass fishing community all feel the pain, outrage and disbelief of such a cruel act. We as a bass fishing community also know how much Cooch has done for us, the Delta, other anglers and the sport of bass fishing in general. It's times like these when we can all pull together and make good out of a bad situation.

With that said I have been thinking that with all of our contacts, connections, sponsors, skills and resources, we as a community should turn our outrage and anger at these crooks into positive energy and get Cooch back on the water NOW.

We all know that fishing and guiding is Cooch's life and livelihood, and without his boat and gear he is not and will not be happy. Besides his boat being stripped, I have not confirmed, but believe all of his rods, reels, tackle, vests, etc. were all taken as well.

I know Cooch has to deal with his insurance company and decide what he wants/can do with the hull.

Some things I was kicking around as a place to start would be to contact Stratos or have someone with a connection at Stratos send them the details of what happened and pictures to see if they can help. If Cooch wants to keep his old hull maybe they would hook him up with new interior, gauges, etc. Or better yet maybe they would give him a new boat?

If Cooch decides to scrap his hull and is not set on a Stratos I know there are a bunch of TOC boats/certs recently won that maybe could be donated to Cooch's Fishing since it is his business and be written off as a tax deduction by the donator? (Not sure if this is possible or legal, just brainstorming)

I know we have rod builders, reel connections, tackle and gear connections etc. that hopefully can get Cooch restocked and back to where he was before this incident.

So what we need is for everyone to pull together, cash in some IOUs and see if we can make this happen. Lets show these crooks that we are bigger, better and stronger as a community than they ever will be and we won't let them get us down.

Cooch let us help you and don't be modest or embarrassed to ask for help or let us know what you need.

Tight Lines,
Scott Johnson
"Jig fish are big fish"
Dom

Re: EVERYONE READ: LET'S HELP COOCH

Post by Dom »

Agreed Scott!! See my post I set up a donation effort :)
Tight Lines Dom
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Thank you Scott. I will gladly help my fellow guide with a financial donation. I'll wait to hear how and where to send a check! Thanks again!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Please PM me an address where I can mail my check.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Dom

Post by Dom »

Yall can donate to his paypal account flipbiguns@yahoo.com

Thanks Dom
Tight Lines Dom
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Dom,
That's an email address.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Someone please get the ball rolling and I will donate as well.

Folks please consider how screwed up insurance is and lets get organized and help a friend out. Hopefully somebody will take the point on this and find out what Cooch needs exactly.

1) Does he need a complete boat?
2) does he need gear?
3) electronics?
4) trolling motor?
5)Motor
6) baits?
7)Beer??????????????

Cooch we will get through this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Gator

Post by Gator »

Rich hamilton wrote:Someone please get the ball rolling and I will donate as well.

Folks please consider how screwed up insurance is and lets get organized and help a friend out. Hopefully somebody will take the point on this and find out what Cooch needs exactly.

1) Does he need a complete boat?
2) does he need gear?
3) electronics?
4) trolling motor?
5)Motor
6) baits?
7)Beer??????????????

Cooch we will get through this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich - not positive on the hull but it looks to me from the pics to be severely damaged. And yes to all the other things - they took it all - including rods
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

From I understand the boat was cut with a saw to remove the console, the transom cut to remove the engine and Cooch had nearly all his rod/reels and a lot of tackle on board at the time of the theft.
Tom
Gator

Post by Gator »

Message I was asked to post from Cooch -

"Yes to all, including the two Coronas! They were kind enough to leave a few things behind, mostly in order of importance to me, 2 Jars of black/Blue Bohog pork, 1 brown Wadda jig, my ProQualifier 100xx Rain gear, SOS Life vest, 5270 Pinpoint unit(musta figured it was junk since I had the thing unplugged and the MG 101 w/puck at The HOOK for repairs), My Boca Digital Scale(Ya'll gonna have fun with this one.. HAR!), 2 cans of BANG, two KVD bottles of line conditioner, my Yamamoto Floppy hat, TNT hoodie, and of all things a 10 year old low profile Curado that I never gave back to Stoltz!

The boat otherwise, is unsalvagable, although a friend who lives on The Lake in Disco, has offered interest in just the floating hull for electric use only on that lil Jewel of a pond! I'm in the process of making a final decision on whether to go pick it up and bring er home as I write this.

Cooch"
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

read a thread about doing a Nutcase with all the proceeds going to Coach.
I think this a great idea. We can bring stuff to raffle off after the fishing.

- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Thanks Gator. So here's some up close of what's left. First let me make it clear, this was the only boat stolen from me. Neither of the two boats renting the storage space out front were taken. The trolling motor and E-tec were removed cleanly, they took the jack plate and motor mounts without damaginf the transome. Where the boat was destroyed was they saws-all the entire sterring console out to get all the electrical panel, steering and wire harneses. They tore off the the two inner side vynal panels so as to be able to remove all the wiring and cables running through the gunnal. They also removed EVERYTHING from the back battery compartment, and I mean everything as ya can see.
Boat7.jpg
Boat7.jpg (43.09 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Boat8.jpg
Boat8.jpg (36.29 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Boat9.jpg
Boat9.jpg (40.9 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Boat10.jpg
Boat10.jpg (74.97 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Needless ta say, she is indeed beyond fixin.
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

those pictures make me ill... if i had the money or anything else to donate i would.. but im a poor old fart.. so sorry cooch.. looks like the w.b. boys will be a big help in getting you back on the water. :D
Linzycuccia

Post by Linzycuccia »

Hey Gentlemen!

Linzy here, Cooch's Youngest. I am in the process of registering for a Benefit Tournament for my father within the Second or third week in December. There will also be a fundraiser benefit the same weekend. All Proceeds from tournament and banquet will go to helping my dad fix or buy a new boat, buy new equipment(rods, reels, tackle, etc), upgrade security on his boat house, and to get the man up and running on the water before Spring hits of 2013.
There are a lot of things set in motion already, and all of your ideas are fantastic, and I would love to have all your input and support in putting this together. Please feel free to call me at 925-421-7459, and I would love to tell you everything that we have planned. Silent Auctions, raffle prizes, entertainment, catering etc will all be taken place.

Be excited to hear from everyone!!!

Thanks a Bunch

Linzy Cuccia
Dom

Post by Dom »

mark poulson wrote:Dom,
That's an email address.
Mark Correct its a PAYPAL Account its Cooch's Paypal account, just goto www.paypal.com if you dont have an account just register then hit send money put in flipbiguns@yahoo.com and amount hit send. It goes right to Cooch :)
Tight Lines Dom
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Cooch holler at me for any of your wood bait needs.. you know i got you on those. Spooks, Poppers, Swimbaits, cranks... you know how I roll, Ill make you some gems to get you back on the water
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Wow, had not seen the shots of it till now. Disgusting.

A lot of nice folks/exhibitors stepped up at Bass-a-Thon, saying they'll donate product for the events. I'm in the process of contacting them for specifics, most were too busy promoting/selling to figure it out then and there, all promised to do so afterwards. Gonna be a lot of stuff in the raffle, with almost all of it doubled up, so an equal amount will be given directly to Cooch, to replenish his losses.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
biteme

Post by biteme »

That boat can be fixed. How much do you want for it?