'Get Cooch back on the water'/ Fall Nutcase Rally

Otay Michael

'Get Cooch back on the water'/ Fall Nutcase Rally

Post by Otay Michael »

I knew of his insurance problems (lapsed just before stolen), that's why I donated an expensive piece of art for a reward so we could catch these idiots with it ASAP- bummer it didn't' work. Now that boat has been found, stripped. I think all the rods and reels, as well as all the lures in boxes, ran into the thousands in value. Imagine having to replace an entire boatload of gear, not to mention the motors, etc., what a nightmare.

He was nice enough to take me out, gratis, as he has a lot of us that could not afford his services, that's his heart. Not to mention all of the free advice, lectures, video helps, kids tourneys, etc., he's put on over many years, as others have mentioned.

I propose a benefit tourney, $95 buy in per person. Pot luck BBQ afterward. I'll toss in $3,000 in prizes to start it off, three pieces of framed art valued at $1,000 each, of choice; two to first place winners, and one as a kinda 'door prize' drawn from anyone that enters, or that donates the $95 just to help, that can't show up. If we can get 50 boats in, that's $10,000, that should bless him a bit, huh?

Let's help Cooch get back on the water properly. I know a lot of you want to help him, this will be a great way to do so. I can't make it back up, so I'm just offering my art. Hopefully we will get other donations for prizes, and matching donations for Cooch from those folks (like Dobyn's rods, one to the tourney, one to Cooch), etc..

Cooch, please pick a date that would be great for you to be able to attend.
Love ya buddy. Still sick about all this. Most remember I had my four stroke stolen from up there two years ago. A-holes.

Cefalu, Sicily, Italy by Michael Seewald
Sample of art you could win.
Last edited by Otay Michael on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
yjjustforme

Re: 'Get Cooch back on the water' fishing tournament.

Post by yjjustforme »

Sounds great I'd be more than happy to fish that for cooch
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

yjjustforme wrote:Sounds great I'd be more than happy to fish that for cooch
Cool, Cooch said he could re-arrange his schedule for any event.
What would be the best day for folks to attend around there, that's coming up fairly soon? Two weeks from now or so, to give time for donations to accumulate.

Can anyone help in getting donations, both for Cooch and door prizes for entrants?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

Can we turn a FALL/WINTER NUTCASE EVENT into a fundraising event????????????

60.00 to 150.00 buy in.........75% of the collection goes to COOCH??????????? I'd fish it and I don't care if the percentage is even higher cause most likely I'll only catch 0 to 2 fish the most!!! lol

Let's set it up sometime after turkey day and before the rein deers visit!!! Just a idea.......

Steven
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:Can we turn a FALL/WINTER NUTCASE EVENT into a fundraising event????????????

60.00 to 150.00 buy in.........75% of the collection goes to COOCH??????????? I'd fish it and I don't care if the percentage is even higher cause most likely I'll only catch 0 to 2 fish the most!!! lol

Let's set it up sometime after turkey day and before the rein deers visit!!! Just a idea.......

Steven

I was thinking the same thing, and why not, it's fall/winter now. But since it's usually only for bragging rights, not monies returned to the fisherman, all monies collected, 100%, would go to 'the man'.

And a date between Thanksgiving and Christmas would give me time to maybe plan a trip back up there, I don't like missing the rallies.

How about Nov. 24th guys, the weekend after Thanksgiving? The closer you get to Christmas, the harder it'd probably be.

This will give the term 'Rally' another meaning for us, as in 'Rally around'.
Otay Michael

Cooch

Re: 'Get Cooch back on the water'/ Fall Nutcase Rally

Post by Cooch »

Hey Gentlemen!

Linzy here, Cooch's Youngest. I am in the process of registering for a Benefit Tournament for my father within the Second or third week in December. There will also be a fundraiser benefit the same weekend. All Proceeds from tournament and banquet will go to helping my dad fix or buy a new boat, buy new equipment(rods, reels, tackle, etc), upgrade security on his boat house, and to get the man up and running on the water before Spring hits of 2013.
There are a lot of things set in motion already, and all of your ideas are fantastic, and I would love to have all your input and support in putting this together. Please feel free to call me at 925-421-7459, and I would love to tell you everything that we have planned. Silent Auctions, raffle prizes, entertainment, catering etc will all be taken place.

Be excited to hear from everyone!!!

Thanks a Bunch

Linzy Cuccia
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

Otay Michael wrote:
aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:Can we turn a FALL/WINTER NUTCASE EVENT into a fundraising event????????????

Steven

I was thinking the same thing, and why not, it's fall/winter now. But since it's usually only for bragging rights, not monies returned to the fisherman, all monies collected, 100%, would go to 'the man'.

And a date between Thanksgiving and Christmas would give me time to maybe plan a trip back up there, I don't like missing the rallies.

How about Nov. 24th guys, the weekend after Thanksgiving? The closer you get to Christmas, the harder it'd probably be.

This will give the term 'Rally' another meaning for us, as in 'Rally around'.
I can't do the 24th, I work at a grocery store and the weekend ending Turkey day is bad for me.... First week of December would be better........... 100% goes to COOCH is good for me to.......

Steven
ScottyJ

Re: 'Get Cooch back on the water'/ Fall Nutcase Rally

Post by ScottyJ »

Cooch's daughter Lindsey has set up a tournament and fundraiser for Dec. 15 and 16. There will be a fundraiser on the 15th so non-anglers in the community that want to help Cooch can participate then a tournament on the 16. Here is the link to Lindsey's post regarding it.
http://www.westernbass.com/forum/has-be ... 81149.html

Please contact Lindsey via PM on here or via phone (925)421-7459 if you can help with logistics and setting the events up.
We are working to get products donated for auction/raffle and need all of the amenities of all other tourneys.(catering, weigh master, MC, etc.)

Please spread the word and open your hearts to help Cooch.

Thank you!
Scott Johnson
"Jig fish are big fish"