Navionics News - Do you Want 1' contours on McClure?

Ebmohst

Navionics News - Do you Want 1' contours on McClure?

Post by Ebmohst »

Hi guys & gals, Tshombe with Navionics here with another NewsFlash. McClure has some data around the perimeter of the lake…but the center of the lake is…well…there’s nothing (as Jim M. graciously pointed out). With an existing Navioncs chart that can be updated online, SonarCharts, which we hope to launch very soon, can give you 1’ contours in 24 hours!

Tshombe
Delaney

Re: Navionics News - Do you Want 1' contours on McClure?

Post by Delaney »

It would seem to me that 1' intervals on a steep bank lake like McClure would give you a solid dark screen, but what do I know?
There She Is!!!
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Been complaining about this for years! As a matter of fact, I brought it to your attention at the Future Pro Tour Classic last year during the dinner. I have talked to your technicians, or should I say argued with, and they just told me I was wrong . I'm glad to hear Navionics finally admits the defect/fault.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
slkric

Post by slkric »

I have a local lake.....Tulloch Lake....that has no data currently at all. Would this program jump start sonar data for a lake that has zero information now?
Ebmohst

Post by Ebmohst »

Slkric,

The reality is as long as our existing chart/map shows a shoreline, even if it has NO (blank, flat, light blue space, but the general "shape" of the lake) data we will be able to create a map! I, of course, was using McClure as an example of some of what we could do!

Grape Ape,

I'm not clear on what the argument was with our techs but it sound like we have come around to what you already knew :) !

Tshombe
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

This is definately a very good thing Navionics is bringing to the table. I got the oppurtunity to see it first hand. I hit the water for the day an did some sonar recording which is a very easy process of simply going to your veiw settings an choosing the record sonar setting then you just go fishing. While your fishing through out the day your gps unit is recording the contours of the lake. Then in the evening when you get home to your computer or lap top you can send the new recorded data into Navionics.com an then from there they will update the body of water you took the recordings on in a matter of 24hrs.. Then all you have to do is go to Navionics.com an update your Navionics chip with the freshest data an now your chip will contain all the newest contours that have been recorded. So say your favorite lake such as Lake Mclure or Tulloch doesnt have as much detail as you wish it had you can help fix that if you have a Unit that is capable of running a Navionics platnuim chip. The more recordings we get will result in better updated info for your favorite lakes.
If anyone has any questions reguarding this subject feel free to shoot me over a message.

Travis
Navionics pro staff
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

That's pretty cool!
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute