Outdoor Heritage Press Release Re: Closure

WackySenko

Re: Outdoor Heritage Press Release Re: Closure

Post by WackySenko »

I would like to send out a THANK YOU to Gary, Richard, Tony, Craig, Jim and Rod for tring to put together a circuit that sounded as though it would be great.
CN

Post by CN »

Well you can go to the other 49 States and they all laugh and poke fun at California. And I don't think negativity on some forum is keeping BASS out of the West. I think logitic's has more to do with it than you may think. Let's say BASS came out and fished the Delta and the next event is outside of California. Would Texas be the closest place to hold another event? I bet the next Lake would be alot closer than the drive from California to Texas plus are the guy's fishing these full time have any say in where they fish.

Plus how many guy's that say they will fish these top level event's that live here would or could if they wanted. I wish it would have worked out plus I have said it many time's you have to look for sponsorship outside of the fishing industry they are tapped out and if this is not proof of that then I am way off. Take the Company I work for, we had a very good 2012 so we kicked out some cash on NASCAR again. Fishing is just one of those things where you cant get enough or you went once and say man that was boreing so how much interest is in this state compared to the rest. Probably not as much. My Nephew lives in Louisiana and said every other driveway has a Bass boat in it.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

TomL wrote:FishforFood - They were referring to the western events as a whole not individuals.
Thanks for clarifying. Are they basically saying western tourney guys aren't stepping up to the plate and fishing their events after clamoring for stuff to happen out here?
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

It's time for California (and the west coast) to step up the game and go international ie. involve Japan for example. At the end of the day, it's about the companies who sponsor this making money and if an avenue to draw in some international dollars in addition to the domestic dollars exists, maybe the sponsors will finally invest some of their money/assets for the cause... 8)
Glenn Abuelhaj