Won Bass "Official" 2013 Calendar Schedule

WON BASSIN

Won Bass "Official" 2013 Calendar Schedule

Post by WON BASSIN »

I am proud to announce the final and "OFFICIAL" 2013 WON Bass schedule. More details as far as entry fee's and sponsor packages will be released shortly. Fish the best for the best!

4 Pro/Am Events - Shared weight -Draw events

Pro/Am February 2, 2013 North Oroville
Pro/Am February 3, 2013 North Oroville

Pro/Am March 2, 2013 North Delta- Russo's
Pro/Am March 3, 2013 North Delta- Russo's

Pro/Am March 16, 2013 South Havasu
Pro/Am March 17, 2013 South Havasu

Pro/Am May 4, 2013 South Roosevelt
Pro/Am May 5, 2013 South Roosevelt

3 Open Style Events - Pro/Am shared weight draw formate

Southern Cal Open April 5, 2013 DVL
Southern Cal Open April 6, 2013 DVL
Southern Cal Open April 7, 2013 DVL

Northern Cal Open June 10, 2013 Clear Lake
Northern Cal Open June 11, 2013 Clear Lake
Northern Cal Open June 12, 2013 Clear Lake

U.S. Open September 9, 2013 Mead
U.S. Open September 10, 2013 Mead
U.S. Open September 11, 2013 Mead

We will be putting all the entry fee/payout and final information out shortly. I would like to thank NBW for working with us to put together what we feel is the best event schedule possible. They were very helpful in moving some of their events to avoid any tournament overlaps. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to rolling out the complete program very soon. Make sure to mark these dates down..... You won't want to miss out on the fun and prizes!

We will be taking deposits starting Monday December 27th after Christmas.
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
Tami Curtis

Re: Won Bass "Official" 2013 Calendar Schedule

Post by Tami Curtis »

Sweet! I like the addition of the 2 more open style tourneys. Look forward to the full pro/am and opens schedule....see you guys out there!
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

DEC 27TH IS A THURSDAY . DID YOU MEAN MONDAY OR THE 27TH ??
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

This is the best schedule we've seen on the west cost in a long time. 3 open events! Payout will be incredible too.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

littlebailey wrote:This is the best schedule we've seen on the west cost in a long time. 3 open events! Payout will be incredible too.
Payouts will be incredible? When has won had a event in the last years with an "incredible" payout?
Cleverhuh

Post by Cleverhuh »

DVL is allowing two tournaments on April 7? National Bass has a team tournment also.
drew

Post by drew »

WON BASSIN wrote: I would like to thank NBW for working with us to put together what we feel is the best event schedule possible. They were very helpful in moving some of their events to avoid any tournament overlaps.
Cleverhuh wrote:DVL is allowing two tournaments on April 7? National Bass has a team tournment also.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Things change Hollywood. Other ciruits had the worst payout on planet earth if you looked it. Anything better than that is a bonus!
Last edited by littlebailey on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

And the schedule changes again with DVL. Just when I get time off approved for the previous DVL dates, its moved. UHG. :? :roll:
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Brain.. and others,

We are very sorry to have had to switched the dates around, but prior to the recent announcement regarding OHI not running events, it was very difficult to lay out a perfect schedule without conflicts. We worked very closely with NBW and the other orgs, as DVL has so many restrictions per the DFG. The reason we made the date change was due to the fact that there was only 1 week separating the DVL event form the Havasu event, and to ask anglers to try and get their boats clean and dry in that time frame was just not going to work. We believe that the schedule we have produced will be one of the best in years and gives anglers the chance to fish for some great paybacks and better sponsor prizes. we look forward to the new season getting underway, and seeing all of you on the water in 2013.
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
Mike M

Post by Mike M »

What are the entry fees?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WON BASSIN wrote:Brain.. and others,

We are very sorry to have had to switched the dates around, but prior to the recent announcement regarding OHI not running events, it was very difficult to lay out a perfect schedule without conflicts. We worked very closely with NBW and the other orgs, as DVL has so many restrictions per the DFG. The reason we made the date change was due to the fact that there was only 1 week separating the DVL event form the Havasu event, and to ask anglers to try and get their boats clean and dry in that time frame was just not going to work. We believe that the schedule we have produced will be one of the best in years and gives anglers the chance to fish for some great paybacks and better sponsor prizes. we look forward to the new season getting underway, and seeing all of you on the water in 2013.
Totally understand Billy. It happens sometimes and I will make adjustments. It's hard to be at DVL for 3 days and then on the next day be at Clear Lake for another 5 days for the BASS Western Divisionals. :shock:
TEAMDEADMONEY

Billy I have a few questions

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Billy,

What are the entry fees for your Pro Ams? For both the Pros and Ams?
And are the fees the same for the Open style events as well?
Whats the difference between the open events and the Pro Am events?
You mentioned a date change for DVL what are the exact dates of that event??

thanks in advance..

Pete Marino 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
barse41

Post by barse41 »

Will you still be doing te same format for the toc?
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
DanO

Post by DanO »

Pretty impressive Billy and WON Bass.

Looks like something that could have a chance of being strong.

DanO
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="littlebailey"]Things change Hollywood. OHI was about the worst payout on planet earth if you looked it. Anything better than that is a bonus![/quote]

Promoting Won Bass is great..but why do you have to do it by trying to talk someone or something else down? For your info OHI paid Pro's 105% and am's 90% by year end. It was an 85% cash payout at the lake for pro's...

Won Bass has a LESS pay out than OHI was proposing. Just a fact!

Trying to tear down someone or something to build something up is a bad way to promote. I know Billy Egan is a good friend of yours but comments like this one do not help his cause.

I'm really disappointed in Billy Egan. If one of my friends was trying to tear down something or talk negatively to promote for me...I'd call him and tell him to remove it!
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

all i know Gary is the payout that was on the website was great if you won the tourny. if you got a top 3 it was good. If you got tenth and made the cut you didnt even break even. If thats better than a boat plus money and twice your money to 14 the place then thats your opinion. Fact! Sorry man, OHI's payout was no good. we need to go to the next one. Just my opinion. I wasnt trying to bring anyone down i was just stating FACTS to a fellow angler. I should have Sent a PM, my appoligies for that.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="littlebailey"]all i know Gary is the payout that was on the website was great if you won the tourny. if you got a top 3 it was good. If you got tenth and made the cut you didnt even break even. If thats better than a boat plus money and twice your money to 14 the place then thats your opinion. Fact! Sorry man, OHI's payout was no good. we need to go to the next one. Just my opinion. I wasnt trying to bring anyone down i was just stating FACTS to a fellow angler. I should have Sent a PM, my appoligies for that.[/quote]

Wrong again. Per Won Bass Flyer published on this site...It's twice your money to 12th place based on 100 boat field. I just looked again to confirm it and damn if I can find where it says a BOAT will be won at Pro-Am events. It lists pure cash only. So, OHI had a better percentage pay out. FACT!!!!

Now if there is a BOAT to go along with Won's cash payout?????????????? That's a hell of a deal and I stand corrected. If not then you're wrong!

I'm personally disappointed in Billy Egan letting a friend ( You Bailey ) trash something else to promote him. AND yes, I've damn sure contacted him about it too.

Billy Egan, is there a prize boat at your Pro-Am events? Bailey seems to think so. He's a buddy of yours and might have info the rest of us don't! I "was" supporting Won Bass this year. If Billy Egan is behind promotion like this, I'll bow out NOW!

Am I calling out Billy Egan on this? YES I am. He's the face of Won Bass. If I had a friend or staffer tearing up another rod company to promote Dobyns Rods.......It would be an instant phone call and fixed!
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Whoa! :shock: things escalated quickly. I think the important fact is that WON Bass tourneys are the ones that are going to happen. I thought we were supposed to support the ORGs we have left that are actually holding tourneys here on the west coast? The Open style events are a cool deal. That Clear lake one should be a 3 day slug fest with a boat and $$ to the winner! and the berths to the US Open is a cool deal too.
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I think Billy's cell just blew up with all the calls and text messages. :shock:
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I had a long talk with Billy Egan this morning. He made his points and so did I. Me and Billy are good.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Ceaser wrote:Whoa! :shock: things escalated quickly. I think the important fact is that WON Bass tourneys are the ones that are going to happen. I thought we were supposed to support the ORGs we have left that are actually holding tourneys here on the west coast?
I think it was about supporting ORGs without bashing others.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

read my posts again Gary. where did I say anything about the pro am events? FACT! i was talking about the open events. FACT! My post was never to bring OHI down, but to tell Hollywood that we have something new and better because he was questioning what was happening. FACT!Just to let you know i stated this on my own time, not BOB T BIll Egan or WON Bass put me up to this. FACT! i stated my opinion on a subject that was between me an Hollywood. Now we all know what happens when you assume thing right Gary? All of what you accuse on here are your assumptions. Hit rewind and tell me im wrong now. FACT! :roll: .
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

littlebailey wrote:My post was never to bring OHI down, but to tell Hollywood that we have something new and better because he was questioning what was happening. FACT!
I don't see where Hollywood is questioning another org than WON -> so why exactly are you bringing up OHI?
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Good point I should have never used the term OHI in that post. Should have said other circuits. I apologize again. I can admit when im wrong. :D
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="littlebailey"]read my posts again Gary. where did I say anything about the pro am events? FACT! i was talking about the open events. FACT! My post was never to bring OHI down, but to tell Hollywood that we have something new and better because he was questioning what was happening. FACT!Just to let you know i stated this on my own time, not BOB T BIll Egan or WON Bass put me up to this. FACT! i stated my opinion on a subject that was between me an Hollywood. Now we all know what happens when you assume thing right Gary? All of what you accuse on here are your assumptions. Hit rewind and tell me im wrong now. FACT! :roll: .[/quote]

You can type FACT behind anything you want. There are no double your entry fees to 14th place in the Opens either. It's doubled to 10th place. Fact! Your post was never to bring OHI down. Here is a copy of your post.

{OHI was about the worst payout on planet earth if you looked it. Anything better than that is a bonus!}

Hollywood never asked about OHI and it was NOT between you two. You posted it on a public forum. You bashed OHI and stated false info about Won Bass payout. FACT!

Billy Egan is the face of Won Bass...he's a buddy of yours and everyone knows it. You were dead wrong to drag OHI into this crap trying to help your buddy! That's not promoting it's bashing.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

FACT! This thread is going to be locked.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="gixxer464"]FACT! This thread is going to be locked.[/quote]

Probably but no need to to lock it. I'm done.

Brain D.......great humor. Point was taken! I laughed and hopefully Bailey did as well.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

I did. :D
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

You boyz better play nice... I'm in the banning mood, as I've already banned about 100 spammers in the last 24 hours and my ban button is warmed up!!!

Happy New Years guys, and enjoy whatever circuit you choose to fish!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

I see the "payout" for the clear lake open in june but nothing for the DVL open in april. Is it different or the same? The entry is the same so I'd hope the payback is the same. Anyone see the DVL open paybacks?
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

The DVL paybacks wont be posted until they are confirmed. I was told that as soon as the boat deal is set in stone they will post the payouts... I hope it happens and us here in So Cal can fish for a boat as well. Only time will tell...

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
tbob

Post by tbob »

We hope so too. We realize that a higher entry fee at DVL will not be good for some guys, and we did debate that part of it. It may seem odd to some to pick DVL as the site for our southern Open, but the idea of doing what is most likely the largest ever Pro bass tournament in Southern California, and having a 100% plus, $100,000 cash pro payback won out. Hopefully the big payback and publicity given to this event will draw the big name western Pros to come and fish against our top local anglers.

The northern California Open is already set and both will have the same payback, and most likely the same boat model and motor. If we are unable to get the boat and motor for DVL it will still go forward as a regular Pro Am event, which in itself is a unique for Southern California.
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

Nice to see a change. The "Opens" are a good idea and should elevate Wonbass to the number one circuit in the west. Great job WON staff!
Also, was quite amused to see an "imaginary tournament circuit" being defended and then compared to a real circuit. It is easy to come up with payouts that don't exist nor apparently work. And all this from someone who has benefited from WON in the past.
tbob

Post by tbob »

While I assume this was well intended towards WON, I don't think that's a very welcomed first post by all the anglers who support Gary and wanted to see OHI succeed. So thanks, but I hope we can just all try to go forward and work together, and temper things that cause bad feelings.

There are a lot of great things in the works at WON BASS but also throughout the industry and we only do well when everyone else does well too.

There were a lot of great new ideas that came from OHI, so we all will gain from the huge effort and time that was invested. It's not an easy time to launch anything new in the fishing world, and they may have misjudged some things, but it was certainly a valiant effort to create something new and big. There is nothing wrong in my book for thinking big and trying to do something big, so personally I was impressed by what they tried to do..
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Wow....

You beat me too it! Couldn't have said it better Bob!

Hard to shake a mans hand with a fist!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

This is a partial quote from the "Other Site":

"Fishing Solo:

Regional Directors are requested to take every step possible to assist a solo fisherman to find a partner in the event that a team member cannot fish. Your replacement angler cannot earn the tournament points. Points are only awarded to the original team roster. Should a replacement not be available, the fisherman may fish solo, but they can only have 3 solo events throughout the season in any single region offering 7 events. A team must fish a total of 4 events as a team (2 people) to qualify for the year-end TOC as a team. Solo anglers may be subject to FULL boat inspection, and or placed with an observer at tournament staff discretion. Solo anglers may participate throughout the season, but may not add a team partner for the final event, unless they have fished at least 4 events together as a team..

North Team Regions

Vineyard Region – Konocti – Steve Moduno

FEB 23, 2013
MAR 30, 2013
APR 27, 2013
MAY 25, 2013
JUNE 8, 2013
AUG 10-11, 2013 NIGHT
OCT 13, 2013

Delta Region – Russo’s – Steve Moduno

FEB 9, 2013
MAR 9, 2013
APR 21, 2013
MAY 11, 2013
JUN 30, 2013
JUL 27, 2013
SEP 28, 2013"

I'm offering myself up as a substitute backseater for the Vineyard and Delta Regions. I will just require a couple of days' advance notice, PM me for contact info. Of course, I will split expenses
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"