Amateur looking for a Pro for WON Bass Oroville

capttrips007

Amateur looking for a Pro for WON Bass Oroville

Post by capttrips007 »

Hello,
I want to sign up as an amateur for the WON Bass Oroville Feb 2-3 and I am looking for a Pro to sign up with. If anybody is interested please let me know. Thanks
WON BASSIN

Re: Amateur looking for a Pro for WON Bass Oroville

Post by WON BASSIN »

Just a heads up... We will not be taking AAA entries with Pro's this year. To get in, you must send in your deposit and get on the list. As Pro's begin to sign up, the AAA's that signed up the earliest will get paired.

Call 949-366-0030 x40 to get your deposit in early!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

Hmm, I guess this could put a damper on people looking for travel partners. How soon would a AAA know once they are confirmed? Thanks in advance.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I've always wondered why their info states "Non-Refundable Deposit"? Is there always a need for Non-Boaters or do many people lose their deposits? I could see that if it was the participants choice to drop out, but if the field gets filled and their are no more Boaters, why would a Non-Boater lose?
Just wondering.
Morgan
tbob

Post by tbob »

It really only affects guys who wait until the end to sign up. If two guys are planning to go together they just need to sign up in advance and they both will get in.. And really just the AAA needs to sign up early with a deposit. But the goal is to get big boat counts and for that to happen we need the pro to sign up early too.

So to this end we have also added a new early-bird prize where one Pro and one AAA at each WON BASS Pro tournament will get his entry fee refunded, in full, at the awards ceremony -- if they are entered prior to the early-bird deadline for that event. So someone who signs up early will be getting their entry fee paid by WON BASS.
tbob

Post by tbob »

You only lose a deposit if you withdraw very near the tournament, and certainly not if we can't get you in. It's impossible to run a good and fair tournament when competitors are entering and withdrawing in the days prior to the tournament based on whether or not they have found good fish.