What's your finesse set up

h00ligan

What's your finesse set up

Post by h00ligan »

I'm looking at getting a new nice finesse set up and was wondering what everyone else uses. I'm leaning towards the Shimano Sustain 2500 spinning reel and a 7'2" Shimano Crucial spinning rod. Anybody have good luck with either of these? What's your go to finesse bait?
elfish16

Re: What's your finesse set up

Post by elfish16 »

I LOVE the Crucial rods and Sustain's a fantastic reels. I use the smaller Crucial spinning rod myself though, but love it.

You will be highly impressed with it!

Shakey heads and D-shot are my finesse baits...along with a Canyon Plastic tube.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Dobyn's 701 Spinning with a Shimano 1000 (Braid with Fluorocarbon Leader)
Dobyn's 701 Casting with a Shimano 50mg (Fluorocarbon)
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
maki909

Post by maki909 »

dobyns champion series 701 with a shimano stradic ci4 in 1500 or 2500.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Irod air 703 with a Shimano Scorpion 100 bait caster. I dont own a spinning rod. I run 6lb all day and it rarely fails. I watch guys back reeling and what not, waste of time and effort. Get a good quality reel and let the drag work for you. Just my opinion.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
blakebass21

Post by blakebass21 »

NRX 852S - Shimano Ci4 2500 - 15lb. Power Pro main - 8-10lb. Seaguar Invizx leader. Drop shot, shakey heads, tubes, wacky senkos.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

littlebailey wrote:Irod air 703 with a Shimano Scorpion 100 bait caster. I dont own a spinning rod. I run 6lb all day and it rarely fails. I watch guys back reeling and what not, waste of time and effort. Get a good quality reel and let the drag work for you. Just my opinion.
The Air Series are SICK! Love them for sure. I also have the EXACT same opinion on back reeling and such...I NEVER do it and dont lose fish because I don't. Spend the money and get a good reel and forget the back reeling.

I've caught 20lb carp, 18lb catfish and bass over 12lbs on 5lb Line and never once back reeled.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

6 pound flouro on a Shimano Mg 50 or core 50. Rods- a GLX 782 C or an NRX 852 C Not into spinning reels- too complex for my brain. I do use a Loomis 781 spin rod with a stradic 1000 to throw 4 pound- but I hate to do it, so it lives in the garage.
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

I have only used the cheaper Shimano spinning reels and they've done fine, never used anything near that price point so I'd imagine that would be AWESOME. I have no experience with that rod, and choose to use a different brand.
Some of my favorite finesse style baits are senkos, tubes, dartheads and a dropshot.
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

spot on !! shimano crucial or cumara 7'-2" medium, fast tip. with a stradic 2500. 5 lb. sunline and your good to go !!
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

Phenix Ultra MBX Classic Spinning 6'6" with a Ci4 Stradic, 6 lb fluoro. Love how smooth this rod is.