Best upcoming Anglers and promoters of our sport??

calfisher71

Best upcoming Anglers and promoters of our sport??

Post by calfisher71 »

Who do you think is the best upcoming anglers and promoters of our sport ?

Name a few!
Last edited by calfisher71 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
bobperry

Re: Best upcoming Anglers and promotores of our sport??

Post by bobperry »

I'm thinking Mark Daniels Jr. and Jamond Andrews.
Gary Dobyns

Re: Best upcoming Anglers and promoters of our sport??

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Now this is a great question. I think the angling part of question could have a good list...but Angling AND being a promoter for companies and our sport is much tougher part of the question.

Honestly, many guys make the fishing part and then get confidence and become a promoter. Great question!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Agree with Gary D.

Overall: Cody Meyer
  1. Fishes well locally and throughout country
    Young and hungry for the sport. Promotes his sponsored brands very well
Now, about promoting fishing overall, I feel its the guys (mostly non pros) who are on internet fishing forums, social media (twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) that are creating consumable content for the rest of the world to enjoy. Another area of promoting "fishing" are guy/gals who volunteer with kid derbies, Wounded Warrior events, lake clean up activities, etc. where there is real visibility in local press.

IMHO, Most people in a metropolitan area think of fishing as a redneck hobby where you sit creekside with a cane pole and a sixpack. Either that or scenes from the movie: "A River Runs Through It".
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Colebass

Shocked!

Post by Colebass »

WOW! This is a great question and only one good answer. Why?

I've been away from fishing and am just getting back, but surprised how many folks are not talking tournaments, promoting each other, promoting fishing on this site!

Most of the folks that i cam up with made it! Charlie Weyer, Aaron Martens, Skeet Reese, Dean Rojas, Greg Gutierrez and the group of guys before are all still great! Gary Dobyns, John Murray, Dave Rush, Russ Meyer etc. But who is the new group?

Dave Cole
Dave Cole
VJ

Post by VJ »

How about Ken Mah local Cali fisherman, very easy to talk to about fishing, consistently does well and very enthusiastic/knowledgeable about Bass fishing sport and products.
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
Colebass

Post by Colebass »

VJ, Ken is a great guy. Fishes well, helps people, works for his sponsors that was a good choice!
Dave Cole
sker13

Post by sker13 »

Mike "Big Fish" Stiles. He is far from new to the game or up and coming but he truly loves fishing, is on a roll right now, and does a great job giving back to his sponsors IMO. He is "all in" this year stepping up to FLW and all it looks like he will have the benefit of momentum after his performance at the Clearlake WON championship.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

I think there are lots of great anglers from California who are doing great things. Justin Lucas is one who stands out with both his fishing and presence on the FLW college Championship broadcasts. I do not know how well he represents his sponsor's products but he is doing good things with the FLW college fishing and promoting fishing overall. The FLW college broadcast is a well produced show with drama and lots of fishing footage especially considering that the folks fishing are mostly "no-names" in the sport thus far. It certainly make me want to go back to school and fish. (if I could fish)