anyone ever see a bass with a carp stuck in it's gullet?

Otay Michael

anyone ever see a bass with a carp stuck in it's gullet?

Post by Otay Michael »

Just wondering, as I see the first carp swimbaits coming out. I know the bass will hit that swimbait, that's not the question, they hit anything moving. Question is, do they use carp as a regular food source.

I've seen pics of everything to ever get near the water stuck in a bass' gullet, ducks, snakes, of course other bass and crappie and bluegils.

I know guys catch them on goldfish, but I don't know it they are the same 'family', or have the same 'flavor'. Seems weird on searchs that you don't see any carp in their mouths, or dying from eating one too big as all these other creatures.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
gixxer464

Re: anyone ever see a bass with a carp stuck in it's gullet?

Post by gixxer464 »

Cant say that i have. A better question is ” Has anybody ever seen baby carps while fishing?” Ive seen plenty of large carps while fishing but have never seen smaller bait sized carp. Do the bass eat them all up?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Most of the minnows bait shops sell are carp minnows. I think those carp colored swimbaits double up nice as a shiner as well.
OG on WB since 1993
george

Post by george »

Mike, I was fishing a private lake near Los Banos about eight years ago and we were killing em on senkos when we pull up to a rock pile sticking out of the water and I pitch a five inch senko to the deep side of the rocks.
My line takes off and I set the hook and proceed to watch a five pounder come out of the water with a couple of head shakes and we notice that it has something sticking out of its huge mouth. We netted the fish and low and behold this little pig has about six inches of a two pound carps tail sticking out of its mouth but still decided that it needed to eat my senko.
George
Topwater Terry

Post by Topwater Terry »

Growing up on the River down near Blythe in the 1980's, I call it the bad old days because we kept a lot of our bass back then. We found everything from shad, bluegill, a baby mud hen, crawdads, frogs, and yes, carp, in their stomachs. I once caught bass of about 17 inches that had a carp tail sticking out it's throat. The carp was about 9 inches long! A bass will eat anything it can get ahold of...