trinity lake

eagle123777

trinity lake

Post by eagle123777 »

this years week long trip will be at trinity, anyone stayed at the KOA or anywhere else that has slips and cabins for the week...thks
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
Richard - Sonora

If Your Schedule Allows.....

Post by Richard - Sonora »

While it has been several years, we found that if you can schedule you trip for "off-season" (generally before Memorial Day of after Labor Day) you can have a houseboat for virtually the same costs as a cabin, slip or launch fees. That's what we have done several times and both the trip and the fishing were excellent. Hope this helps,

Richard - Sonora
eagle123777

Re: If Your Schedule Allows.....

Post by eagle123777 »

Richard - Sonora wrote:While it has been several years, we found that if you can schedule you trip for "off-season" (generally before Memorial Day of after Labor Day) you can have a houseboat for virtually the same costs as a cabin, slip or launch fees. That's what we have done several times and both the trip and the fishing were excellent. Hope this helps,

Richard - Sonora
thks for the tip and i would do that, but this trip includes the grandkids so have to do it while they are out of school..
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
rexford

Re: trinity lake

Post by rexford »

I am not familiar with the cabins but do houseboat on the lake every year. Like the OP
mentioned I would recommend the houseboat over the cabins. Trinity Alps Marina still
rents "affordable" boats and are family owned and operated.

The reasoning behind the houseboats vs. camping or cabins is the water level fluctuations.
In a normal year the water level can drop over 100-200 vertical feet which puts many cabins
and campgrounds a fair hike from the water. Also the water level can drop so fast that mud
and shoreline access can be a problem. In a low water year many of the lakes ramps are dry
so 4X4 might be required depending on where you launch.

Cedar Stock Marina would be my first call for cabin rentals as they have a long ramp and would
probably let you use the marina docks to keep your boat wet.

Tannery Gulch and Minersville are very nice campgrounds with boat ramps.
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Hi Mike,
Was excited you are headin' up to our favorite lake in the world!! After eight years I am also heading there for three days during our NW School Spring Break. A bassin buddy and I are spending three days at Clear Lake and then two days at Trinity, and he has never been to either lake, as he is from New Jersey and retired here in Vancouver, and is in our bass club here, CRB. Already had a lot of water time iin Oregon and WA last season when he arrived here pullin' his new 520 Ranger here from back East. We should be on Trinity on March 27/28th. Take care Mike, and look forward to hearing from you soon, Regards, Jim M.
basnlmt
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Whoops, Mike, this was not you goin' toTrinity, but Mr. Eagle. Lucky dog!! Jim M.
basnlmt
rexford

Post by rexford »

Hey Jim,

Good to see you. Sent you an email.

Thanks,
MIke