Where should I fish near Fairfield?

capttrips007

Where should I fish near Fairfield?

Post by capttrips007 »

I have to take a trip to Fairfield and I am deciding whether to golf or fish. I have to stay near the town and was wondering if there was anywhere I could fish from the bank. Looking at the map it looked like the delta was close, but I dont know about access. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks
Burke

Re: Where should I fish near Fairfield?

Post by Burke »

You can fish Montezuma Slough. The water in that area is brackish so bank fishing will be fishing for striped bass or sturgeon. Follow Grizzly Island Road out of Fairfield/Suisun City area. Keep driving until you come to Montezuma Slough (you'll have to drive about 5 miles through the country once you leave the "city" - the road has a lot of curves so you can't drive too fast). Right before the bridge that crosses Montezuma Slough is a boat launch and they have a pier and a nice area that you can fish from the bank. If you cross the bridge and drive onto Grizzly Island, just keep following the road and you'll see a lot spots that you can stop and fish -- either bait or cranking.

When you drive onto Grizzly Island, you will have to register at a little "hut" since it is a hunting reserve during the fall/winter. It's free to fisherman.
clearlakeoutdoors

Re: Where should I fish near Fairfield?

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Berryessa is close to Fairfield
lots of access