Transom savers

bonsaibp

Transom savers

Post by bonsaibp »

What's the best transom saver available? I've had problems with the typical ones that attach to the lower unit and the trailer roller.
HawgCatcher

Re: Transom savers

Post by HawgCatcher »

I have been using the Lock-n-Haul ever since it came out and never had any problems with it. It's not as expensive as other brands out there.
I hope this helps you out.
Herb
Galt, CA.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/
http://www.abugarcia.com/
http://www.fenwickfishing.com/
http://www.spiderwire.com/
http://zekoshoes.com/
http://goo.gl/eZywId (Snag Proof)
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

Thanks I'll look into it.
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Where are you located? If you are in or around the L.A. area I am a rep for Lock-N-Haul and can show you the product. If not in the area then check out the link/ad on the site for info.....you will LOVE the product!!
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Yes, check out the Lock-n-Haul product for sure. You will not be disappointed in the prduct design (easy to store), lighweight and flat out does the job. Does not bang on the lower unti like traditional devices.
Priced right as well...

As coachkevm said, check it out on line and also provide info on where you live or may even be fishing coming up... maybe one of the reps will be close enough to you to do a demo of the unit.

Randy Walker
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

I ordered the LocknHaul. I was up in the air after seeing their site, but after coachkevm offered to show me the product I decided to go ahead and order. Thanks all, I'let you know how I like it after my trip to Clear Lake the first week in March.
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Glad to see you checked it out and placed an order. I am sure you will not be disappointed with what you get!! I will be at Castaic fishing Top Stick next Saturday if you want to see the product and test it out.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

Working on Sat. May have mine by then. Thanks though.
dwise

Post by dwise »

I'm going to buy one. I hate that transom saver that I have now!
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Darlene...if you buy one let them know I referred you!! If you want to try it out I can let you try mine.
Kevin

BFerris

Post by BFerris »

I ended up going with the Moto-Stop and love it! The saver is bullet proof. Out of Bounds Speed and Marine in Rocklin has them in stock.
https://www.facebook.com/TKOTungsten/
www.TKOTungsten.com
dwise

Post by dwise »

coachkevm wrote:Darlene...if you buy one let them know I referred you!! If you want to try it out I can let you try mine.
Okay but I don't think yours will work on my motor. I don't have a Mercury. But you can show me how it works on your boat. I want to see if it will be easier than the crappy transom saver I'm using now.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

The Lock-N-Haul is universal and fits almost every motor out there. All that needs to be done is adjusting it to fit your motor.
Kevin

GKramer

Post by GKramer »

I bought one (paid full price) and really like the convenience and concept. However, the transom side (above the lift pistons or whatever you call them) of a 150 Opti is not symmetrical, so the "legs" do not have the same, solid a footing for both. Next time I'm in the shop, someone can show me a better way...
SJSU_Slants

Post by SJSU_Slants »

I got a moto stop from out of bounds in Roseville. It also has the steering stabilizers included
San Jose, CA
2019 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

GKramer wrote:I bought one (paid full price) and really like the convenience and concept. However, the transom side (above the lift pistons or whatever you call them) of a 150 Opti is not symmetrical, so the "legs" do not have the same, solid a footing for both. Next time I'm in the shop, someone can show me a better way...
Here is a picture of the transom bracket mounting points on a Opti 150. Straddle the main tilt piston casting up as close as possible and you will be able to see immediatly when your motor is straight before you install.

Jim
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

I like the Motormate. When I got my boat, I had a competing product that ended up damaging the ground wire on my Merc. No such issues with the Motormate & never will be. It supports the motor in a different area away from the ground wire.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Jim: The picture was well worth more than a thousand words. Lock n Haul working just as designed--great! Thanks!

gk
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

I second that GK!! If you go to the Lock-N-Haul website Jim has some great videos on how to install and the benefits of the device compared to others on the market. This is the BEST transom saver I have used!!
Kevin

big bass beckstrom

Post by big bass beckstrom »

Moto-stops are awesome.
Elliott
www.basscat.com
www.mossdale-boats.com
www.blackdogbaits.com
www.fishdelta.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

coachkevm wrote:I second that GK!! If you go to the Lock-N-Haul website Jim has some great videos on how to install and the benefits of the device compared to others on the market. This is the BEST transom saver I have used!!
Kevin,
Please show me your Lock-N-Haul when I see you at the lake next time.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Will do Mark!! Let me know when you are up this way and I can meet you somewhere.
Kevin

dwise

Post by dwise »

I went to the website and looked at some of the photos and requirements. I have to check my motor before I can order. Yeah, Mark needs one too!
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

I got my Lock n Haul today. It took about 3 minutes to adjust and install. I'll know after a long trip but it seems to me this will work very well. There's no movement in the motor either up and down nor side to side. And the price was the best of all the options.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Jim Smith wrote:
GKramer wrote:I bought one (paid full price) and really like the convenience and concept. However, the transom side (above the lift pistons or whatever you call them) of a 150 Opti is not symmetrical, so the "legs" do not have the same, solid a footing for both. Next time I'm in the shop, someone can show me a better way...
Here is a picture of the transom bracket mounting points on a Opti 150. Straddle the main tilt piston casting up as close as possible and you will be able to see immediatly when your motor is straight before you install.

Jim
Jim,
I have a 2007 Opti 115. Will the Lock-N-Haul fit my motor? I couldn't tell from the pictures on the website.
CLEAN AND DRY
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Hey Mark,

Sorry for the delay in answering your post. I had a *&&^%$%$& computer crash on me Thursday and I'm still in the recovery process. It even caused me to cancel my trip to the Bassmaster Classic Expo in Tulsa, &!^@%$#*^%. Please take a look at the video for the Merc 115 on the website, and you will see that the Lock-n-Haul will work just fine. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

Absolutely no problems with the Lock-N-Haul on my trip to Clearlake. From L.A. to CL and back without a hitch. I'm happy with the product and would recommend it.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

My first road trip with my Lock-n-haul included a detour over a section of Sepulveda full of construction plates, pot holes and general crap. It was a roller coaster ride.
I pulled up to the Pilot in Castaic, and the motor was still centered and solid.
Two thumbs up!!
CLEAN AND DRY
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Doesn't surprise me that the Lock-N-Haul worked like a charm!! Glad you guys like the product. Spread the word and if anyone is close to Santa Clarita and would like to see the product then let me know. I can meet you at Castaic Lake, Piru or even Pyramid if you are planning to be there. Just shoot me a message through WB and I will be sure to clear my schedule to meet with you.
Kevin

Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Thanks for the feedback Mark and Bon... that is what we like to hear..

Please let Jim, Kev or myself (or any of the reps in your area) know if you have any questions or further input...

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

STARTED USING A MOTO-STOP LAST MONTH AND LOVE THE SIMPLICITY OF USING IT!
LOOKS LIKE IT WILL OUTLAST ANY OTHER TOTE IVE USED BEFORE! SIMPLE!!!
F!$# 0N!

JIMMY REESE
dwise

Post by dwise »

Last Sunday, Kevin Miner installed the Lock N Haul on my motor because I wasn't real clear on where on my motor to install it. I drove from Lake Piru to Montebello on that bumpy, pothole ridden, crappy 5 freeway and when I got home, I looked at the motor. It didn't move at all! It stayed nice, and straight, and solid as a rock!

You have no idea how happy I am to be rid of that flimsy Swivel Ezz Transom Saver!

If you don't already have one of these, GET ONE and tell them Kevin Miner sent you!
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club