WON BASS DVL....ROLL CALL!!!

TEAMDEADMONEY

WON BASS DVL....ROLL CALL!!!

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Okay guys now that the WON HAVASU Pro Am is in the books its time to get ready for the DVL PRO AM....
Its gonna be interesting to see how many of the desert guys make the trek accross the desert and come fish DVL.. Cmon guys, us So Cal. guys made the trip to Havasu, its time for you guys to repay the favor and come support our Pro Am here in So Cal.

Im paid in full on the Pro side.. I know Kyle is in, Barry is in on the Co side, Paul (Pizz)is in on the AAA side as well. I know a couple others as well but who else?? T Lain? Shabazz? Dobyns? How about you boys from No Cal?? Are any of you making the trip down...

Fishing at DVL will be reaaalllly good...

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
TEAMDEADMONEY

Re: WON BASS DVL....ROLL CALL!!!

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

108 looks but no responses...WTH? Doesnt anybody plan on fishing this deal???? Cmon guys..... :roll:

Pete 8)
yot_bird

Post by yot_bird »

I'm in on the AAA side.
drew

Post by drew »

I'm in and so are a few others from the central coast.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

good job guys... see you there...

Pete
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

T. Lain, aka "Team Bling" is all in! And you know this man!!!
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
TEAMDEADMONEY

Haha T. Lain..

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

I love that movie...

Heres a pic of Deebo trying to choke me out!!!! He said..." Im gonna kill you Craig"!!!!
hahaha dudes freaking hands wrapped around me neck twice lol

Pete 8)
yot_bird

Post by yot_bird »

Did it get canceled? Or is someone messing with me?
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

DONE! NO DVL...
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

This is emabarrasing for both WON and So. Cal. They tried to have a ProAm on one of Southern Californias Premier fisheries during the best time of year and they only got 12 Pros to enter including me... WEAK!!!!!!! So Cal should be ashamed of themselves for not representing...
In my opinion a number of reasons are to blame for the numbers..
1st- WON should have had this DVL event as round 2 in the Southern region.. and they should have been keeping a point standings for a year end goal of Angler of the Year with some good prizes to go with the title. This would have assured that the top 25 guys that fished Havasu would have come out to fish the DVL event.
2nd- With no incentive to come out accross the desert, the Desert guys decided to stay home and not come out to fish this event. Not one Arizona guy or Nevada guy signed up for DVL that I know of.. WEAK!! Us So Cal guys made the trip to Havasu for that ProAm and competed against the best Lake Havasu has to offer.. But they didnt return the favor..
3rd- I cant really harp on the desert guys too much because we didnt get representation from our own local anglers as well....
I do think that WON pulled the plug a little too early on this event.. They should have waited until the deadline on Weds before pulling the plug.. First thing Monday morning was waayy to early.. We may have gotten another 6-8 boats..

Im disgusted because I was looking forward to this event for a long time.. It would have been a nice change to fish a proam and not have the costs that we normally have like when we go to Mead or Havasu. It also would have been nice to sleep in our own beds.. But its not gonna happen now...Did I mention this is WEAK!!!!!! I guess we can guaratee that So Cal will never see another ProAm style tournament at DVL again...not that anybody cares..except for the 12 of us Pros and the 25ish AAAs that entered only to get the bad news.

Pete
yot_bird

Post by yot_bird »

You made some very good points Pete. I was also really Looking forward to fishing it even if I was going to be in the back of the boat drop shoting all day. Super bummed on not fishing and wasting hard earned days off.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

A couple thoughts on this event cancellation. Folks need a schedule well in advance for their planning the years schedule. This event was not even on the map until what February? Also there was talk of a boat giveaway as there is one at Clear Lake and not down here. Also if your going to be the weekend Pro-Am guys, how about a reasonable entry fee. $750.00 is just too much in this day and age and the reason it was that much was to drive up the payouts because there was no TOC or prize at the end of the year. The Everstart events are worth the entrys as they have all the glitz and sponsor money backing up the entry fee. Won should just work hard to get the US Open the publicity it deserves with the sponsors they have left and take a couple years off of the Team and Pro-Am scene. Then 2 years from now folks will be screaming for their return and the fields will be good again.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

What Rick Grover said......
The Wanabepro
djohnson

Post by djohnson »

Its too bad WON cant get more anglers to show up to their events! The few times I was able to fish the Pro/Ams it was a blast. When I am able to fish the larger tournies again I hope they are still around.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Major bummer to all who signed up and it got cancelled. Where were our brothers from the norf?
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Theres always NBW Lake Havasu----2-day Team - April 13/14, 2013
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

The AZ and NV guys didn't want to come down and get their boats quarantined and not be able to fish. That and they would have had to keep their boats out of their home waters to pass inspection for a week before the derby. I would guess the fear of not passing inspection kept many from making the trip across the desert. For the So Cal guys though, there is no excuse aside from the cost of entry not to fish a tournament close to home.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

I know that the quarantine was also a big fear. The bummer is that the fear of the boat inspection is worse then the boat inspection itsself. DVL has come a long way since they used to turn people around for every little thing.... Its actually very easy now..no standing water, plug out and lower the motor and not have water pour out of it...pretty simple. But the desert guys dont know that..
And your right about the locals...there is no excuse with the exception of the entry.. Its a shame!!

Pete
Andy Manahl

Post by Andy Manahl »

@teamdeadmoney...

I was signed up and all paid for in Feb.... so there is your one az guy who wanted to fish it...lol
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

well thanks for trying Andy.. Sucks they had to cancel it... its funny though because since they cancelled it Ive been told by over 7 people that they were gonna fish it, yet WON only had 12 boaters signed up... may have pulled that plug to early maybe..

Pete
yot_bird

Post by yot_bird »

What was is the minimum number of boats they would have ran it with?
DL

Post by DL »

yot_bird wrote:What was is the minimum number of boats they would have ran it with?
It probably takes Billy 30 boats to break even...maybe more as i dont know the production cost of pro events on that level. Pro/Ams in southern California dont work now, nor have they since 2008. Team tournament participation is a fraction of what it was 6 or 7 years ago. Travel, inspections, quagga issues, high entry fee, lack of turnout, and motor restricitions are all working against SoCal tournament participation.
"Feel the steel"
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

@pete
I didn't sign up. Hadn't planned on it, bad timing. I think pulling the plug was probably a little too soon but they weren't going to get the participation anyway.

DL is probably right about the break even number.

jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

I hope they don't pull the plug on Roosevelt. I plan on going
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

At least the lake was empty on Sunday. The bite was good! :D
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Have to agree with Rick...
This tournament was held on Lake Fork last Sunday. The entry fee was $150 and over 1800 people fished. Fork has a slot limit, so anything between about 2.75 and 8.50 will be in the slot and can't be weighed. That's why you'll see 2.5 pound fish win a truck.

http://www.basschamps.com/resultsBigBas ... ected=2013
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

This seems like it's an angler issue. Guys seem to be fishing the really low entry specialty events, big fish derbies, etc where one lucky cast or fish can win. But the number of actual traveling pros has really declined. Very few guys in the west have a desire to travel very far and risk not doing well, unless it's a really special tournament or held on a lake that guys really like to fish. The down economy just has everyone not feeling quite so eager to risk larger amounts of money like they did before.

FLW used to sell out with a full fields of 200 boats at every tourney and at their last tournament they had 93 boats at Lake Roosevelt.
Andy Manahl

Post by Andy Manahl »

cmon boys this is a reduced entry fee!!!!! Only 500 bucks for pros and 250 for cos

get in your entry today so that we can all have a good time on this one!!!!!

Spread the word!!!!
Attachments
rosey2013.jpg
rosey2013.jpg (228.75 KiB) Viewed 3663 times