Gotta love fishing in Calif.

WB Fishing Reports

Gotta love fishing in Calif.

Post by WB Fishing Reports »

Gotta love fishing in Calif. because the Golden State grows big, big bass.

Bassmaster's Top 25 Largies on Record - 20 of the 25 came from California

From Bassmaster website:
top25.jpg
top25.jpg (157.31 KiB) Viewed 1598 times

http://www.bassmaster.com/bassmaster-to ... mouth-bass
Kwin

Re: Gotta love fishing in Calif.

Post by Kwin »

one of my management objectives is for CA to have all of the top 25 LMB with sole possession of the top spot. it is obtainable
whazup

Post by whazup »

What are the odds of one man catching two over 21 lbs? Amazing!
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Urban

Post by Urban »

[quote="Kwin"]one of my management objectives is for CA to have all of the top 25 LMB with sole possession of the top spot. it is obtainable[/quote]

Indeed it is :wink:
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

The top 25 list has been a study in frustration for me due in part to how this state doesn't keep accurate records; for example where is Butch Brown's 19.3, he validated on a live video or for that matter my 19.3 caught March 3, 1993 from Castaic. The reason; these bass are not shown is because Castaic doesn't have a certified scale at the lake, you must illegally transport the bass and hope the bass doesn't die before it can be validated and was released. If you kill the bass it's easy to validate the catch.
Several 19 to 20 lb class bass from CA lakes have not been validated by the state or local biologist.
Others on the official list are there due to being legacy catches, without validation.
It is what it is!
Tom
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

If you have proof of a catch to be considered for the top-25, the below info was also from the Bassmaster article...

" The list below is a work in progress. The catches on the lists are accurate and authentic as far as we have been able to determine. We are aware, however, that other legitimate catches have been made that deserve to be on this list. For that, we want and need your help. If you are aware of a catch that warrants consideration, please submit it to kduke@bassmaster.com or mail your entry to Ken Duke, Senior Editor, B.A.S.S. Publications, 1170 Celebration Boulevard, Celebration, FL 34747.

Be aware that we'll want something more than a claimed weight and a fuzzy photo. Entries should include the exact weight of the bass, the name of the angler and contact information, date of the catch, location of the catch, names and contact information for any witnesses to the catch and weighing of the fish and one or more photos of the catch and angler. B.A.S.S. will give serious consideration to any applicant."
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Three of them are the same bass, the one caught at Dixon (Dottie). Proof positive catch and release works. Of course, she was caught when she was a world record too, but as everyone knows, that one was not able to be counted. ( I had my chance at her a month later- but she would not bite my offering! :cry: )
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.