WB Staff

Dobyns Ain't Takin' My Money Today

Post by WB Staff »

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://youtu.be/b00GqkVK25E[/youtube]
kb

Re: Dobyns Ain't Takin' My Money Today

Post by kb »

A bunch of good friends in that video that we have lost. Buck the guy singing and songwriter and Ron Crews on drums.....A bunch more we haven't seen in a while but would be fun to stand around a boat with and catch up....... And what tournaments draw enough boats for a 38th place check these days????? That was the good old days!!!!!

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU WB.com!
Kent's right on about those days. Those of us that were there remember Mr's Potter, Turner and Crews. As an amateur in those days you hoped for a draw of Potter or Turner, especially on Shasta, which is where I believe it was filmed.
Thanks again...... It made my day.

TL
FE
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

This was a good prank by a bunch of buddies. Some are gone now. Notice the OLD style Ranger, hats, clothing. Brings back good memories of times when you could get a check in 38th place. There were no one lake regions teams, no amateur circuits, teams had off limits Mon-Friday before the Saturday event. Boat on Boat draws ....so look at the number of boaters in those days. Events were really fun and guys traveled to all lakes to fish. They got their lick in on their home water but then traveled to the others to chase points. AOY Titles were a BIG DEAL. Fun factor was off the hook. Entry fees were $250 for Pro Events and you could win a BOAT. Teams were $80 to $100 plus $10 & $20 option pots. You could get paid to 30-35 spots per event. The Team TOC winners....won 2 Boats!! These were the days!!!!!!!

For a few of you ...that's Kenny Guhy playing me in video. I get asked this a lot. Remember this was done in the old days and it was quite an expense to do. I won the Lake Shasta Forrest Wood Open right after this video was done. I was embarrassed to death...now I've learned to laugh at such a good prank!!
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

This has to be one of the better ribs I've seen in a long time. I didn't finish watching the whole video but if they had a box of donuts in there at the end they NAILED it! :D :D :D
AndrewMartinBass

Post by AndrewMartinBass »

This video is so awesome!! Love it when it pops up. I was blessed to have Buck Potter (the singer) as a great friend and mentor for many years when I was a kid and teenager. He taught me the basics of bass fishing and took me out on his boat on Shasta multiple times. Great guy!! Now, I'm equally lucky to be working in the industry and fishing tournaments because of the things that I learned from Buck. Wish he was still with us!
ANDREW SCHADEGG
Managing Editor - http://www.fishhound.com
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

:?:
Last edited by The Dude on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Ahh the good old days when you had to show up and fish against the best if you wanted to compete.. sadly those days are gone now...
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Amen to every thing you said Gary