my first teen

Otay Michael

my first teen

Post by Otay Michael »

My first teen got off about four seconds into the fight yesterday. Slammed a large topwater bait, and I went into shock when I saw the beautiful white basketball size belly attached to the head on this thing as she went partial airborne to inhale it (she was too big to go completely airborne, but boy she tried).

On the positive side, since I was in shock from first seeing it, I did not go into shock from losing her. :? She was in the middle of a batch of trees and all I did was reel in the 65# braid, that was buttoned down, as fast as I could, before she sounded in the 5' of water and wrapped me up down there.

I had just changed out the front hook, as a tug of war with a tree took one prong off, but she must have been hooked on the back one. THE ONE I had barb-less still, from a trip to a lake that is catch and release only, and that requires that all lures be barb-less.

Live and learn.

ON a more positive note, I NOW KNOW WHERE SHE LIVES. 8)

Believers, please pray for me as I go back for her on Thursday. I've yet to get a 10, but I don't mind skipping that category and go right to a teener.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
TeamBeefmaster

Re: my first teen

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

Great story.... ill never forget my 1st and only DD fish. I hooked up using a modified A-Rig and my rod loaded up, i thought "i didnt know there were stripers in here!?". Then she jumped, I knew this was the biggest fish of my life. The entire time while bringing her in I imagined how devastated I would be if I lost her. Thankfully i brought my salmon net and could scoop her up as I was fishing alone. Then the issue of getting pictures came up... I flagged somebody down to get pics taken. She weighed in at 10lbs 13 oz.

Three months later Eric Elshere & I go to the same lake. He sticks an 11lb 6oz monster on a hudd.
Turkeyman

Re: my first teen

Post by Turkeyman »

Way to go. Good luck on Thursday. Skipping the 10 and getting a teener is cool but then when you get a 10 at least for me it is now like "Nice Fish".