Bassmaster is a joke...well not a joke just disapointed!

bassman1975

Bassmaster is a joke...well not a joke just disapointed!

Post by bassman1975 »

Well onece again Bassmaster is scared to do an open on the west coast! What a joke, they must be scared as sh** knowing that someone from the west can and will beat one of their precious Elite pros. So sad that the founding organization can't and won't show love to the west coast. At least FLW will show the love for us out on the west. The other sad point is the founding organization of bass fishing still has no app for your phone like FLW...but I'm sure if they do or at some point get Ann app we will have to pay for it! Come on B.A.S.S show some love to the west coast!
Last edited by bassman1975 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DL

Re: Bassmaster is a joke!

Post by DL »

I really doubt that's the reason they aren't coming west...
"Feel the steel"
bassman1975

Post by bassman1975 »

I doubt it too but it sure seems that way. I know they did the Elites up North a few years ago but seems they show little love to us out here. I know I heard it was because they also where not sure what the turnout would be.
DL

Post by DL »

I would agree the turnout and local support probably has more to do with it than anything...people just dont come out here like they do in the southeast and the other parts of the country the tour visits..
"Feel the steel"
bassman1975

Post by bassman1975 »

I'm not trying to start an argument DL but just peoples thoughts. I mean if FLW can make it out here for Everstart then why not the founding organization. Some of the west coast guys (except Skeet) all move to the south to do this for a living. Moving to just qualify for an open is a lot to ask of one self and family. Just would be nice to see them come out here. Also still want to hear other people view on this....again not trying to start an argument or bag on BASS but to get thoughts and opinions that all. I know this has been a topic on this forum and other forums on the west. Thanks
Jeff Taibi

Re: Bassmaster is a joke...well not a joke just disapointed!

Post by Jeff Taibi »

Yes, it's not that they haven't tried in the past...they have numerous times. The West has just never responded well enough for them to continue with their efforts. There are a number of factors and reasons that make the West "different" ... too much to get into here. It just doesn't work for B.A.S.S. the way they are "set up". It works for FLW because, well, they are "set up" differently.
bassman1975

Post by bassman1975 »

Oh ok Jeff that makes a little better sense. I know there are many factors and I know they have tried in the past. I just wish they would put some effort. Even if it is at Mead. That's where they started and I would 100 percent make it to Mead or any Western large body of water. Thanks
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Plan and simple guys.... The venues we have here on the West Coast can not afford to pay the on site fee to have BASS come out here for their events and national coverage. Take for example Clear Lake,.... Greatest lake in my opinion on the West Coast.. .Now look at the economy of that area... Think that BASS can get a dime out of that area to support the event? Shasta... Don Pedro... Delta... Havasu... the only exception is MEAD due to the LAS VEGAS bubble, but how can you have just one event. Maybe Sacramento... but isn't California broke? Not saying it's right but that is what they need to bring them out to the West, and there just is not enough economic growth in any of the surrounding cities near our greatest fishing areas.

It has nothing to do with our anglers, and everything to do with dollars!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
whazup

Post by whazup »

So when the West recovers, and things are booming, if BASS wants to come back we just tell them to "Bite the Big......wait,......It's California, run by democrats. Never mind, the West won't be back.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WON BASSIN wrote:Plan and simple guys.... The venues we have here on the West Coast can not afford to pay the on site fee to have BASS come out here for their events and national coverage. Take for example Clear Lake,.... Greatest lake in my opinion on the West Coast.. .Now look at the economy of that area... Think that BASS can get a dime out of that area to support the event? Shasta... Don Pedro... Delta... Havasu... the only exception is MEAD due to the LAS VEGAS bubble, but how can you have just one event. Maybe Sacramento... but isn't California broke? Not saying it's right but that is what they need to bring them out to the West, and there just is not enough economic growth in any of the surrounding cities near our greatest fishing areas.

Maybe if they take their fees in meth, they could do Clear Lake or the Delta..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DL

Post by DL »

mark poulson wrote:
WON BASSIN wrote:Plan and simple guys.... The venues we have here on the West Coast can not afford to pay the on site fee to have BASS come out here for their events and national coverage. Take for example Clear Lake,.... Greatest lake in my opinion on the West Coast.. .Now look at the economy of that area... Think that BASS can get a dime out of that area to support the event? Shasta... Don Pedro... Delta... Havasu... the only exception is MEAD due to the LAS VEGAS bubble, but how can you have just one event. Maybe Sacramento... but isn't California broke? Not saying it's right but that is what they need to bring them out to the West, and there just is not enough economic growth in any of the surrounding cities near our greatest fishing areas.

Maybe if they take their fees in meth, they could do Clear Lake or the Delta..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
If that were the case, Castaic and Pyramid would be a better investment for BASS. The gene pool in LA, the high desert and the SF Valley is just as polluted as Clear Lake...and i bet there are more per capita here than there lol
"Feel the steel"
Dom

Post by Dom »

I call BS ! two years ago when BASS Elites came to Stockton that place was packed with hundreds if not thousands of people! When Bass Opens came back in the 90's (when Robert Lee dominated) the support was huge!!! Plain and simple they just don't like the West Coast.

All I keep hearing is where is the local support ? Well the one and only circuit pulling numbers is the amature future pro tour no other circuit is pulling those numbers. And cost are up there. I am flipping the whole bill this year to fish it with my son and with fuel, hotels, entry, tackle, food, options, oil, maint, etc... the point is whats different ? Ok the pro entry is more , I am spending the cash and so are all the others still fishing the tournaments. Problem I see out west is there are to many little circuits and no loyalty and BIG EGOS!! What the west needs is for the Orgs to band togeather and create a couple of circuits like AM, Pro-am that's it! Will this happen ?NO NEVER . Bill Cook is starting another circuit in 2014 300 entry fee and I am sure that don't include options I like the shared weight format but still why not approach an established circuit and try to combine . I will continue to support the FPT I think its a very well ran tour and a great way to learn, is there cherry pickers? yes there is but hey my son and I beat some of em on Folsom this year and to know we beat out the local guy who only signed up to fish that lake is way cool. I say let them fish. Great thing about it come TOC time they can not PLAY! :) Ok just my opinion and just like a-holes we all got one.
Tight Lines Dom
DanO

Post by DanO »

Once again.

Stockton is bankrupt and Lakeport has still not finished paying for the 2010 trip they made.

It has nothing to do with fear of anyone beating them, it has to do with the fact that the people on our side of the country don't live up to the responsibilities they've agreed to.

It is a business they run that has to look at the bottom line, and if the monies promised don't arrive to offset the expenses incurred, then they have to look at that as an overall loss.

It has nothing to do with them not liking us, or being afraid of us.

DanO
Shifa33

Post by Shifa33 »

DanO nailed it! You know why circuits make it big like FLW and BASS? Because all they care about is the bottom line. Everything they do is about $. These are big businesses, they don't make decisions bases on what lakes they like or don't like. If you want them to come bless your city with the big boy circuit you have to pay to play. California is the only state that I know of that surrounds their lakes with state parks or sh*t hole towns run by meth heads. If you look at where all these circuits make their stops it is at large cities built around great waterways.

Don't be upset at them for going where the money is, if they did it any other way, well they might end up like...huh most of the circuits out West. People like to talk about Vince Harriss being "all about the money" well guess what the most successful circuit out west is? I will give you a hint, it isn't any pro circuit. When companies are all about money they become predictable and consistent. People like consistent!

All that being said, I'm sure BASS will be back out West in the next few years. In order to be a National Circuit, which is a big selling point to sponsors, they have to make an appearance out here every so often. Also, when they do come out here they usually end up dragging a new group of young hungry fisherman, ready to sell everything they own, back East for the opportunity to spend $80K on a fishing season. And sadly enough, I would do it in a heartbeat If I had 80k of stuff I could sell.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

bassman1975 wrote:I mean if FLW can make it out here for Everstart then why not the founding organization.
As most have stated, it really is about the almighty dollar. BASS tried first with the West Divisionals in the late 90s. They pulled out due to low entry numbers by comparison and the various California communities couldn't afford their presence. The FLW is only here now with the Stren's, simply because BASS is not. We did have both the STRENS and National Guard circuits here for a short spell, but FLW realized the same thing BASS already knew and experienced. Keep in mind, FLW has never brought their "TOUR" Series pros to an event in the West, yet BASS does bring the Elite's in every so many years. The FLW discontinued the BFL(Known as Operation BASS back then) series here too, back when BASS had the divisionals here. Why, drop in participation due to BASS' presence. All of our local West Pro-Am Circuits are now suffering for this same reason and it's amazing they have any participation at all.

For all the great fisheries we have out here in California, our competative existance and exposure is dependant upon the "Bang for yer Buck" syndrome. That "BANG", for both the anglers and Orgs, has purty much been a solid DUD!

Kinda sad for us die hard bass fishermen, but that's the bottom line.
scott h

Post by scott h »

I for one hope they do come back, Flw is ok but its just not the same as Bass, one thing I see where they could shave some cost is to not fly there staff from back east, both orgs do this and it can not be cheap, I think there are plenty of well qualified people on the west coast to run there circuits out here.
Dom, I think the reason Bill Cook and crew started this new circuit is the anglers have been screaming for days about the cost of entry, The current Pro-Am orgs are not listening and therefore are suffering with no participation, I think you will see much better numbers with this new circuit, its a step in the direction that the anglers are asking for, just my .02
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

Bla bla bla. All you guys crack me up. LUcas Oil sponsored a pro team event at Clear Lake with a 75 boat cuttoff for a boat and only 46 of you showed up. WTH is wrong with you people. Hell they had 2 of the same type of events at Lake Pleasant in AZ and drew if I'm not mistaken 86 and 94 respectivley. It's no wonder that Lucas is now concentrating their efforts in the S/E. If it is all about money and you can't afford it then join a club.No body's going step up and do it for free because you can't or wont spend the money. Don't expect any sympathy from the big orgs. if you refuse to support them.I would love to do the Everstarts but time away from home and $$$ driving to CA for 3 events is just not my thing. I spent 50 years trying to leave there and have no desire to return. Traffic, fuel costs 55 mph speed limits, nasty chippies, politics ect. Man I do not know how you guys deal with it. Just my 2 cents.