Encroachment Rule for Team Tournies....

littlebailey

Encroachment Rule for Team Tournies....

Post by littlebailey »

at Clearlake. We need em people!!!!!! Really, really bad. Ive never seen anything like it anywhere in the world. People have 0 respect up here. Why dont any of the tourny orgs have a rule? They have them down south at all the lakes. I might just go crazy next time. Cast at my trolling motor again, or cast on top of my where my bait just landed and im jumpin in and pullin your drain plug! enough said. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously, wtf?
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
tunaman

Re: Encroachment Rule for Team Tournies....

Post by tunaman »

FPT has it... 50 yards.

Try fishing Perris nowadays Paul... most folks have no idea about encroachment!!! :twisted:

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

except for aba, there is no other orgs with a rule. Maybe thats why i had a little space on Sunday. :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

No rule = OFFENSIVE FISHING 101!!! :evil: Unfortunate, but if the orgs won't do the hard thing then the anglers have no real choice in the matter bro! Stay outside of casting distance of my Hudd then...

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Gumpa

Post by Gumpa »

If I'm not mistaken most org's such as ABA, WON, FPT and so on do have these's rules in place. My suggestion to you would be to check whatever team circut you fish go to there site and check if they have the encrochment rule in force. If this rule is in place an you are abused during an event its simple. You simply keep your cool, ask them to leave or back off. If they do not, write down CF# and then whip out your phone and snap a pic.

Consult with the tourney director after the event and file your complant. If you dont it will continue to happen.
Grandkids. Fishing. What could be better? Watching them catch a big 1 Or hitting 1 out of the park. "Never give up" for the love of the game!
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

maybe its time to bring it back for all tourny organizations. there is no courtesy out there anymore for the most part. too many think they own the water and could careless about you espically during a tournament w/ big $$$$$
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

If it aint a tourney guy, its going to be someone out there just fishing. Don't worry about others and just fish. If someone cuts you off or casts on top of you, oh well....life rolls on.
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Most of the encroachment rules state that you cannot fish with in 25-50 yards of another competitors boat that is anchored (with the trolling motor in the stowed position). The exception being when fishing docks or tight canals, a competitor cannot take up both sides of these. They are pretty simple and plain as day. This is something we have all had to deal with and it probably wont change......
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
some guy

Post by some guy »

Its lame Paul. I havent seen your scene up there but the Perris scene is the lamest thing I have ever seen in my life. I quit fishing that place because its that homo. The same guys at DVL are doing the same thing at Perris, its just sucks at Perris because that place is a puddle. Im doing nothing but SD next year because the people down there are alot cooler and respectfull.

People every 20 yards down the dam...9 boats on the buoyline casting a ledge thats only 40 yards long.. 20 boats bow to bow out deep fishing the shad fish..guys fighting over the only few sunken boats the hold fish. Perris is Ghey and will be until they fill it up.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Brian D.

Good fodder for...

Post by Brian D. »

~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
mark poulson

Re: Good fodder for...

Post by mark poulson »

Brian,
Howya doooin? Long time, no talk. :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
CN

Re:How

Post by CN »

Can you get crowded at Clear Lake. I've only fished it twice but the Lake's I fish are pond's compared to this lake.

It cant fish that small could it?

Mike
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

In every tournament, listen or read the rules for that day. If there is a limit rule, for closeness, etc. then get the CF number or name of the boat violatiing it and file a protest with the TC at weigh-in and get them DQ'ed, if the TD will do it. If enough get DQ'ed for rule violation, no matter what rule they break, maybe it will slow down or stop. Just a thought. BIll K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Paul, your right, a little respect and common courtesy goes a long way. At the AC TOC last year there at Clear lake, we played "bumper boats" at Henderson Point. In addition to that a weekender was using the tournament boats as "cones" on a slalom course. A day of playing chess with boat positioning against other boats adds another variable to the challenge of tournament fishing. It takes a lot of fortitude not to loose your cool and just keep fishin'.
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

CN wrote:Can you get crowded at Clear Lake. I've only fished it twice but the Lake's I fish are pond's compared to this lake.

Mike
I was there last Saturday. 90% of the guys were fishing 10% of the lake and nobody was catching squat.
There were areas where boats were fishing right next to each other and as soon as someone pulled out another boat would move in.
Team Fugowee

Post by Team Fugowee »

First you have to protest in writing .
Second you have to have another boat in the tournament witness and conferm to the TD that they saw the infraction.
Third the TD has to repeat every single rule and every off limits aera at every tournament before every blast off.
Then and most important, you have to have a TD with a spine.
I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

No need to protest the clowns. They got an ear full. It was well deserved. I just think it can all be avoided by a simple rule. Like i said before only 1 org has it in their rules. ABA. None of the others have it written in their rule book. Lets do a poll! Yeah theres a good idea, those always change the rules on this site. :lol: :lol: who thinks 50 yards is good. i do since i can throw my swimmer about that. I have a new plan of attack next time it happens to me. Im sure you'll all here about it this weekend after the two team tournies we have. :shock: :shock:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
drlahman

Post by drlahman »

Fast 492 wrote:Most of the encroachment rules state that you cannot fish with in 25-50 yards of another competitors boat that is anchored (with the trolling motor in the stowed position).
And that is the biggest problem and just a cop-out by the differant orgs out there. When is the last time you actually saw a boat on anchor in a tournament? The problems are caused because most TD's are afraid if they take a stand people will stop signing up. It is also up to us to enforce these rules on ourselves. Guys won't report others because they are afraid of getting reps as stool pidgens or something. And to the few guys who think all's fair and its ok to do this, I'll say it for all who are afraid to. "We don't want you fishing our circuits. GO AWAY!!"
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

And that is the biggest problem and just a cop-out by the differant orgs out there. When is the last time you actually saw a boat on anchor in a tournament? The problems are caused because most TD's are afraid if they take a stand people will stop signing up. It is also up to us to enforce these rules on ourselves. Guys won't report others because they are afraid of getting reps as stool pidgens or something. And to the few guys who think all's fair and its ok to do this, I'll say it for all who are afraid to. "We don't want you fishing our circuits. GO AWAY!!"
I agree to a point. I've been at this for a little bit and have never seen anyone anchored fishing for bass anyway. Most of the TD's I know will do the right thing. Of course you better have solid proof, I for one don't carry a high quality video camera with me.

I 100% agree with the last part of your statement, if you have an attitude like some-STAY FAR AWAY! I think folks (I'd like to use another "F" word here) with such attitudes look forward to mixing it up with people. They know for the most part nothing will really be done, and if it's not on camera and very clear, these individuals will lie through their teeth. It's too bad and I don't see anything changing real soon.
I had to come back...I know...
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

littlebailey wrote:No need to protest the clowns. They got an ear full. It was well deserved. I just think it can all be avoided by a simple rule. Like i said before only 1 org has it in their rules. ABA. None of the others have it written in their rule book. Lets do a poll! Yeah theres a good idea, those always change the rules on this site. :lol: :lol: who thinks 50 yards is good. i do since i can throw my swimmer about that. I have a new plan of attack next time it happens to me. Im sure you'll all here about it this weekend after the two team tournies we have. :shock: :shock:
If you feel there was no need to protest, and handled the situation in the manner you mention, then why the post, other than to vent > ( of course we all do this at times). Sound like you handled the matter. I would rather file a protest with the TD, to try to put a stop to this type of activity, some people just ignore verbal abuse. But if they lose money or see their name on the DQ list they seem to take more interest. Again just a thought. Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

ClearLake IS big but alot of spots can get Jammed up. And sometimes people make mistakes. I dont know this situation but I upset a boat once. there was about 5 boats out in front of a slough opening and I had 20minutes to weigh in and we needed #5 and we needed to get in the back to get it. I thought I picked the best route to get in (under 5mph) but...... I ended up pissing someone off...... he ended up coming down the slough 15minutes later PISSED. I apologized .... it was what it was. I have since become friends with the dude and We joke around about it now :lol:
BMX Mike
littlebailey

RE

Post by littlebailey »

It was a staff boat for the tourny! Should i still protest?!!!
:lol: :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
drlahman

Re: RE

Post by drlahman »

littlebailey wrote:It was a staff boat for the tourny! Should i still protest?!!!
:lol: :lol:
Heck yes, nobody is immune. :roll: :P
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

littlebailey wrote: Like i said before only 1 org has it in their rules. ABA. None of the others have it written in their rule book.
FLW has it...this is a copy-and-paste right out of the Stren series rules:

"12. Permitted fishing locations

Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters available to the public and accessible by boat, except areas designated as “off-limits,â€
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

is FLW a team tourny? :idea:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

littlebailey wrote:is FLW a team tourny? :idea:
Why are you singling out team tourneys? Encroachment is encroachment is encroachment...whether it's in a team tourney, a draw pro-am, a shared-weight pro-am, or a solo like BASS Elites...or even a (supposed to be) friendly club tournament. And like it was stated earlier, most tourney org's do have these rules in place, not just ABA.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
bss_hunter

Post by bss_hunter »

just whip out ur junk until they leave....it works
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Stratos, my question was directed at team tournies because i know they have rules in place for Pro tournies. If other orgs have them they should put them in their rules. Ive yet to find another that fishes Clearlake, as my original post stated. I did research before i posted this. Your telling me info i already know and irrelevant to my questions. Thanks though.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

CN wrote:Can you get crowded at Clear Lake. I've only fished it twice but the Lake's I fish are pond's compared to this lake.

Mike
It can fish VERY small at times. I have seen 25-30 or more boats stacked up at "community fishin holes" like Henderson Point, Shag Rock or Rattlesnake, and almost no boats anywhere else. There are others too, but those are the main three.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
49R Dan

Post by 49R Dan »

[
"12. Permitted fishing locations

Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters available to the public and accessible by boat, except areas designated as “off-limits,â€
2010/11/12(by default) Conroy Oakley Pro-Teen Classic Chili Champ
49R Dan

Post by 49R Dan »

2010/11/12(by default) Conroy Oakley Pro-Teen Classic Chili Champ
poacher

Post by poacher »

How about a good old fashion tug of war loser leaves lol
fpomilia

Post by fpomilia »

ABA ENCROACHMENT - A “25 yard rule” is in effect at all times during competition. No contestant’s boat may move within 25 yards of another contestant’s boat at any time for the purpose of fishing without the consent of all contestant’s involved. A boat moving from one area to another may infringe upon this zone as long and the parties that are moving do not fish and do not intentionally disrupt the area. Judging distance is very difficult on the water. As a general rule of sportsmanship all anglers should give all others enough room to make a reasonable cast to fish an area. Exception: In the case of fishing docks or piers, no contestant’s boat may “tie up,” or “protect” more than a single dock at one time regardless of the distance involved
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Makes you want to jump out there and go fishing does it not? If you don't get killed by the crazy drivers... don't get your equipment stolen from the rats... don't get shot while fishing... don't get shot at the hotel... maybe it is time to take up another safe sport like grizzly bear wrestling :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9RJzrAs1E
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
BAMA

Post by BAMA »

ABA has the rule in effect but it was definately not followed for the TOC on clear lake. It was brutal. Guys were sitting on water just to keep others out then others were complaining about not getting there day 1 spot since they had a later blast off and thought that they owned the water. All in all if your the first boat in a spot stay the @&'h back and give the person there a respectful casting distance.
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

It never bothered me while fishing out of my boat.

I would fish against anybody. Or in traffic with many boats.

If they think they are better, let em try to come over and outfish me right next to me.

A guy can get to the point of controlling that bit of water, and sticking good fish right under everybody's noses.

One time I did get pissed while fishing out of a belly boat though.

A guy and his partner in a bass boat, approached me asked how I was doing, and then cast right over me to fish the one spot I had kicked to. That pissed me off. Their lines went right over my head.

"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Did somebody really resurrect a 3 1/2 year old thread?
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

You cant believe everything you read. That FLW story was partially made up about Zack and I. We both fished the point both days and agreed to work together as all fishermen should do. Plus, I was there first both days and we both smashed them there working TOGETHER!
The Wanabepro
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I doubt it would make much difference but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt either. The issue is much deeper than that I believe. Lately, the ends justify the means....

However, it is funny a bunch of us were just talking a couple of weeks ago about our old Club tourneys (2days). Usually 20 or so boats and the day 1 leader would share with everyone what he was using, in detail, and where he was using it the evening of day 1. The last place any of the other 20 boats or so would even go near on day 2 was where the day 1 leader said he was fishing. NO WAY any of us wanted to be seen in that light. My how things have changed....and please, don't throw "there's money involved" at me.....

Just an observation......

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

DanIsaac wrote:I doubt it would make much difference but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt either. The issue is much deeper than that I believe. Lately, the ends justify the means....

However, it is funny a bunch of us were just talking a couple of weeks ago about our old Club tourneys (2days). Usually 20 or so boats and the day 1 leader would share with everyone what he was using, in detail, and where he was using it the evening of day 1. The last place any of the other 20 boats or so would even go near on day 2 was where the day 1 leader said he was fishing. NO WAY any of us wanted to be seen in that light. My how things have changed....and please, don't throw "there's money involved" at me.....

Just an observation......

Dan
Dan,

This is what fishing used to be. I'm a young guy but been fishing derbies since 1997. Everyone shared their bites and spots at the derby award ceremonies and it wasn't an issue. Today, for some reason, people dont respect each other and everything is one giant secret because of it.

I fished Casitas when it was 80-100 plus boats and people KNEW where the top guys fished and how, and they were open about it. People didn't spot jump or take the winners spots next week or the next day.

it's a new day and age.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Derrek Stewart

Post by Derrek Stewart »

This is what everyone is talking about http://thebbz.com/articles/2013/10/26/m ... clear-lake Third picture down.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

bryanmc wrote:Did somebody really resurrect a 3 1/2 year old thread?
YUP and it looks like they hooked another 60lb sack while doing it - and the award for digging up Jimmy Hoffa's body goes to 49r Dan - :P
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/