HOW TO QUALIFY TO BASSMASTER CLASSIC

Ador Lopez

HOW TO QUALIFY TO BASSMASTER CLASSIC

Post by Ador Lopez »

Gents,
I have spoken with a few of you in advance in regards to the possibility that US Anglers Choice will be a part of an exciting program this year that will allow our anglers a shot at participating in the BASSMASTERS CLASSIC.
At this point, we have most all of the details worked out and are going to start promoting this within our angling circles. A brief outline of the program is shown below in a press release and BASS will be opening up a website around Jan 1st that will give the full and specific details.
Fish US Anglers Choice and earn your way into the BASSMASTERS CLASSIC.
U.S. Angler’s Choice Pro Teams is pleased to offer to our anglers something that most can only dream of – a chance to compete in the 2015 BASSMASTER CLASSIC!
U.S Angler’s Choice Pro Teams Trails have been selected by B.A.S.S. to participate as one of the inaugural trails advancing teams to the BASSMASTER TEAM CLASSIC to be held in November/December of 2014.

The BASSMASTER TEAM CLASSIC will be a two-day event with 200 qualifying teams from around the country participating at a central U.S. location still to be determined. At the end of this tournament, the top six teams will be split up and these 12 anglers will compete against each other in a two-day event. The top angler from this contest will gain an automatic berth into the BASSMASTER CLASSIC!

Here’s how it works. Sign up at a US Anglers Choice Pro Team event prior to March 31st, 2014. Cost is $10 per angler/ $20 per team and this is a one time per season fee. In return, each team member will receive a year’s subscription to BASS TIMES magazine for signing up for the program.

For every 50 teams that sign up through U.S. Angler’s Choice, we will be able to invite a team from our 2014 Clear Lake Team Championships held on Sept 27-28th to advance to the BASS National Team Championships. If we get 300 teams signed up, we will be able to take 6 teams to the nationals. Furthermore, B.A.S.S. is also reserving the right take additional teams to make sure that they reach a full field of 200 boats at the National Championships!

To sign up for this program, contact your local team director at the next U.S. Anglers Choice tournament you fish or click on the BASS TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS logo on the home page of the US Anglers Choice website for more information on this unparalleled opportunity to fish the BASSMASTER CLASSIC!

For more info visit our Tournament Forums page on the Anglers Choice website

Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Ador Lopez
916-801-4532
adorlopez@hotmail.com
Last edited by Ador Lopez on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Re: HOW TO QUALIFY TO BASSMASTER CLASSIC

Post by mark poulson »

Ador,
What does "a central U.S. location" mean?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
steveyee

Post by steveyee »

Ador Lopez wrote:Gents,
I have spoken with a few of you in advance in regards to the possibility that US Anglers Choice will be a part of an exciting program this year that will allow our anglers a shot at participating in the BASSMASTERS CLASSIC.
At this point, we have most all of the details worked out and are going to start promoting this within our angling circles. A brief outline of the program is shown below in a press release and BASS will be opening up a website around Jan 1st that will give the full and specific details.
Fish US Anglers Choice and earn your way into the BASSMASTERS CLASSIC.
U.S. Angler’s Choice Pro Teams is pleased to offer to our anglers something that most can only dream of – a chance to compete in the 2015 BASSMASTER CLASSIC!
U.S Angler’s Choice Pro Teams Trails have been selected by B.A.S.S. to participate as one of the inaugural trails advancing teams to the BASSMASTER TEAM CLASSIC to be held in November/December of 2014.

The BASSMASTER TEAM CLASSIC will be a two-day event with 200 qualifying teams from around the country participating at a central U.S. location still to be determined. At the end of this tournament, the top six teams will be split up and these 12 anglers will compete against each other in a two-day event. The top angler from this contest will gain an automatic berth into the BASSMASTER CLASSIC!
Here’s how it works. Sign up at a US Anglers Choice Pro Team event prior to March 31st, 2013.
Is this a typo? otherwise it's too late to sign up.
DL

Post by DL »

mark poulson wrote:Ador,
Somewhere between the Rockies and the Appalachians.
"Feel the steel"
Ador Lopez

Post by Ador Lopez »

Central location will be somewhere in the middle of east and west coast, lake to be determined.
Bass master are still working on their website and should be up no later than January 1st 2014.

Thanks
Ador
Ador Lopez

Post by Ador Lopez »

Steve, Sorry it should be March 31st 2014.

Ador
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

DL wrote:
That's a big "between". Given B.A.S.S.'s history of being eastern half of the country biased, I"m betting east of the Mississippi, too. That's a long way for West Coast guys. I'm not saying they're wrong to cater to the vast majority of their anglers and followers, I'm just saying it's a big time and money commitment for anyone from west of the Rockies.
CLEAN AND DRY
DL

Post by DL »

mark poulson wrote:
DL wrote:
That's a big "between". Given B.A.S.S.'s history of being eastern half of the country biased, I"m betting east of the Mississippi, too. That's a long way for West Coast guys. I'm not saying they're wrong to cater to the vast majority of their anglers and followers, I'm just saying it's a big time and money commitment for anyone from west of the Rockies.
Clearly Mark, this is not geared to you, or they will hold the Team Championship at Castaic. Its like you said, the majority of their constituents are east of the Rockies and it would be stupid to hold the event 1300 miles from 90% of their market. But the other avenues to the classic are muddied with 3,000 FED guys, 2 years of travel, and countless trips around the country...all for ONE(1) spot in the Classic. This format puts one person in the Classic in February of 2015. Basically 15 months from now. There has never been a better way for one of us "weekenders" to attend the classic, let alone fish it. 15 months is a long time to save money, and time off from work if you start now... I for one, am going to jump at the opportunity if I get it.
"Feel the steel"
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

mark poulson wrote:That's a big "between". Given B.A.S.S.'s history of being eastern half of the country biased, I"m betting east of the Mississippi, too. That's a long way for West Coast guys. I'm not saying they're wrong to cater to the vast majority of their anglers and followers, I'm just saying it's a big time and money commitment for anyone from west of the Rockies.
Mark, It's a "one time shot" at a berth in the biggest and most prestigious bass fishing tournament, The BassMaster Classic. This is unprecedented for "team anglers", other than the recent College anglers. I think the time and financial commitment for this would be far less than chasing the "Classic Dream" via the FED or BASS Regionals. My guess is, for the extra $20, this perk may sway some teams from fishing another team circuit versus Anglers Choice.
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

Guys,

This is as brand new program by BASS and USAC is one of the innaugural circuits that has been chosen by BASS because many of our sponsors are similar and our national presence with our circuits back in the Missisippi River drainage gives us a bigger footprint than many local tourny trails

The program is so new that BASS is still working on getting their website for the BASS TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS up and running. BASS has promised a big press release on the program prior to January 1st, 2014. As soon as their website is up with all the details, we will let you know.

In the mean time, questions wanting to know exact lake locations cannot be answered, I can only give you the generalities that BASS has given to me at present. This is a good deal as Cooch has stated - $20 bucks per team for a shot at the classic is pretty impressive and you get BASS TIMES to boot!

I would strongly recommend getting signed up at your next USAC team event and well prior to the March 31st, 2014 deadline.

I will of course post more info as it becomes available.
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
kmah

Post by kmah »

Please spread the word to sign through AC because it sounds like we get credit for the number of sign ups the west obtains. This in turn affects how many teams can be invited.

That's if I'm reading it correctly.
DL

Post by DL »

kmah wrote:Please spread the word to sign through AC because it sounds like we get credit for the number of sign ups the west obtains. This in turn affects how many teams can be invited.

That's if I'm reading it correctly.
The number of teams invited is based on participation for each org. If one AC region gets 50 members, they send one team. If they get 100 boats they send 2 and so on. Each individual Org sends teams. Its a little gray on orgs with multiple regions, but I am sure the BASS Nation director can clarify how many teams you send and how. However you look at it, its an unbelievable opportunity for a weekend angler to fish the Classic.
"Feel the steel"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Clearly Mark, this is not geared to you, or they will hold the Team Championship at Castaic. Its like you said, the majority of their constituents are east of the Rockies and it would be stupid to hold the event 1300 miles from 90% of their market. But the other avenues to the classic are muddied with 3,000 FED guys, 2 years of travel, and countless trips around the country...all for ONE(1) spot in the Classic. This format puts one person in the Classic in February of 2015. Basically 15 months from now. There has never been a better way for one of us "weekenders" to attend the classic, let alone fish it. 15 months is a long time to save money, and time off from work if you start now... I for one, am going to jump at the opportunity if I get it.[/quote]

Good luck Daren!!!
CLEAN AND DRY
DL

Post by DL »

mark poulson wrote:Clearly Mark, this is not geared to you, or they will hold the Team Championship at Castaic. Its like you said, the majority of their constituents are east of the Rockies and it would be stupid to hold the event 1300 miles from 90% of their market. But the other avenues to the classic are muddied with 3,000 FED guys, 2 years of travel, and countless trips around the country...all for ONE(1) spot in the Classic. This format puts one person in the Classic in February of 2015. Basically 15 months from now. There has never been a better way for one of us "weekenders" to attend the classic, let alone fish it. 15 months is a long time to save money, and time off from work if you start now... I for one, am going to jump at the opportunity if I get it.
Good luck Daren!!![/quote]

thx Mark! I'll leave ya tickets :)
"Feel the steel"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you do make the big show, I'll fly back to root for you in person. Leave me two tickets, in case I get lucky. :wink:
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mark poulson wrote:If you do make the big show, I'll fly back to root for you in person. Leave me two tickets, in case I get lucky. :wink:

Mark - There are no fishing groupies.... you are out of luck my friend.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
DL

Post by DL »

Brian D. wrote:
mark poulson wrote:If you do make the big show, I'll fly back to root for you in person. Leave me two tickets, in case I get lucky. :wink:

Mark - There are no fishing groupies.... you are out of luck my friend.
Actually there are, but they are better known as yes men...
"Feel the steel"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian,
Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a convention of hot, blind women in town that weekend. :lol:
CLEAN AND DRY