Anybody have any info about Shimano Rod Warranty!

george

Anybody have any info about Shimano Rod Warranty!

Post by george »

I just broke two of my Shimano rods in half, caught them on the cleat on my G3 boat and bam they both broke in half! Does anyone know if Shimano will replace with me paying a fee or if I am SOL......
Nice rods and I would really like to replace them both; Compre CPC-X70MHA 7'0" Medium Heavy Extra Fast.

George
whazup

Re: Anybody have any info about Shimano Rod Warranty!

Post by whazup »

My experience...free replacement with a $25 service fee. Good luck.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

George your rods have a life time warranty you can call Shimano and get a RA number and send them back or you can take it to any authorized Shimano Dealer and exchange them at the dealers terms. Dealers may have a service charge or they may not.
george

Post by george »

Thanks Gene, I will do exactly that!

George
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Actually, your rods WOULD NOT be covered under the warranty as they were not broken under normal fishing conditions, and the breakage was not due to manufacture defects. HINT HINT!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
whazup

Post by whazup »

DanIsaac wrote:Actually, your rods WOULD NOT be covered under the warranty as they were not broken under normal fishing conditions, and the breakage was not due to manufacture defects. HINT HINT!
In my case, a friend stepped on the rod and snapped 8 - 10" off the tip. I explained this and they still covered it. just lucky, I guess.
DG

Post by DG »

When I originally started fishing with Shimano Rods, I was told that I could break a rod in half in front of the sales person and they would replace it on the spot. WOW that's a warranty! Well about a year ago, I broke one of my rods while setting up on a fish and took it to Sportsman's Warehouse in Rocklin. Took it up to the customer service counter and just told them the rod broke. The Manager said to go back and get another rod. Well the model I broke was no longer made but there was an updated version and they gave it to me with NO cost! If there's anyone claiming that there is a "service charge" it BS. Just take it to an authorized Shimano dealer and they should exchange it period!
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
whazup

Post by whazup »

DG wrote:When I originally started fishing with Shimano Rods, I was told that I could break a rod in half in front of the sales person and they would replace it on the spot. WOW that's a warranty! Well about a year ago, I broke one of my rods while setting up on a fish and took it to Sportsman's Warehouse in Rocklin. Took it up to the customer service counter and just told them the rod broke. The Manager said to go back and get another rod. Well the model I broke was no longer made but there was an updated version and they gave it to me with NO cost! If there's anyone claiming that there is a "service charge" it BS. Just take it to an authorized Shimano dealer and they should exchange it period!
Again, in my case, the shop I took it to is a small, independent, tackle store, so I had no prob paying a service fee. Shimano also upgraded my rod.
george

Post by george »

Thanks to all of you who responded! I took it to Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet and they exchanged it; way cool... I was so happy about it I ended up buy $50.00 bucks worth of baits.

George