So I was bored and curious

JT_Bagwell

So I was bored and curious

Post by JT_Bagwell »

While out shoveling snow once again today I began to wonder how many of my friends on the west coast don't even own snow shovels?

I personally have 3 different types:

The Pusher - Which I use like a mini snow plow.

The Scooper - Which I use when the snow is to wet and heavy to push.

The Scraper - Which is my flatter metal one that I use to scrape the stuff that's really packed on my driveway.

lol So now you know what I do and think when our lakes are frozen and I can't Bass fish.
davet.

Re: So I was bored and curious

Post by davet. »

I lived in the mountains for a few years. Not as cold as you, but...
The first few times, it's cool and pretty and all that.
But, after sliding my car off the driveway a few times or waking up after an unexpected snowfall, to find you have to shovel your 100 yd uphill driveway to get your car out AGAIN, or slogging thru knee high snow every night for firewood as it's your only heat source for the house.
You begin to see that beautiful white snow as the devil's great white curse. A powdery scorn upon the landscape that takes the feeling from your fingers and toes and replaces it with torturous pangs of needles and broken glass. Not to mention the iced over walkway to remind you what it feels like to slip and slam right onto your elbow, head, wrist, tailbone or (insert any sensitive body part here)....again.
And you anxiously anticipate the warming days of spring, when those now heinous brown patches of satan's calling card melt and dwindle away into cold clear trickling streams of water.
And you dream of warm spring days.....when you'll be jamming sticks and rocks under your tires as you try to extract your vehicle from the fricking mud created by that bleeding curse of nature.
With that said, we go up to play in the snow every year...I know, freaky, right?
Last edited by davet. on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Being born and raised in So Cal, we only have one shovel.

The Pusher- Which I use to clean up the poop from the little dog next door

The Scooper- Which I use to clean up the poop from the Great Dane that lives across the street

The Scraper- Which I use when I wait to long to pick up either poop because it is to hot to go outside on these hot December days

Sorry, I was bored tonite also.
davet.

Post by davet. »

Now that's some funny shiite :lol:
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
CG

Post by CG »

I use a barn/grain shovel. Driveway is flat and paved, we park our cars at the end closest to the street so I only have to dig out the berm from the snow plow. Neighbor across the street has a front loader for when it gets nasty. Dig a path to the front door and another to the firewood, and we're good. Extremely mild winter so far in Nor Cal - not good. Bite at Bullard's was starting to go, but the ramp is now outta the water. Oroville is down ~200'.
Mike

Post by Mike »

G-Man was Bored and Curious once... :shock:
OG on WB since 1993
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I actually do own two of the big, short handled snow shovels, but we use them for shoveling trash, not snow.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
milehi

Post by milehi »

I'm old, thank god for snow blowers
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Snow?, whats that? :). I have a shovel to shovel dirt :). Does that count?

Glad it's you...not me :).

Just for a reference...we had a horribly balmy day yesterday, New Years Day...High of 73, low of 55 or something. Just a real pain... :). It is terribly dry though..our lips are dried out :).
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
JT_Bagwell

Post by JT_Bagwell »

scottsweet wrote:Snow?, whats that? :). I have a shovel to shovel dirt :). Does that count?

Glad it's you...not me :).

Just for a reference...we had a horribly balmy day yesterday, New Years Day...High of 73, low of 55 or something. Just a real pain... :). It is terribly dry though..our lips are dried out :).

LOL Now that is funny. It makes me sad, but still funny. I heard on the news that our High temp Monday will be -10 degrees with a wind chill of -30.

Let me guess, 80 in LA? lol