Farewell.....Montana Bound

Angel

Farewell.....Montana Bound

Post by Angel »

to all you old time NCBF'ers. I am leaving for Montana to start a new job tomorrow. Thanks for all the memories and good times.

Angel
Hipster

Re: Farewell.....Montana Bound

Post by Hipster »

Angel,

Good fortunes to you and your family, I made the job move/relocate about two years ago to AZ and we are very happy to get out of CA.

Take care Happy New Year...................!

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
george

Post by george »

Good Luck Angel! What part of Montana are you going? There are still some pretty good spots up there you just may need a fly rod instead of a bass boat.

George
kb

Post by kb »

Good Luck Angel....take your warmies!!!

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Angel,

good luck on your new adventure and thanks for taking my money all those years :) I spent my high school years up there and the people are great and the memories good :)

what is NCBF? :shock: (new generation)
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
davet.

Post by davet. »

what is NCBF? :shock: (new generation)
It's what this site originally started out as, "Norther California Bass Fishing".
We just called it NCBF and everybody knew what you were talking about.

As for California, I would LOVE to relocate and do occasionally look for opportunities.
I've got a severe pounding sensation my rectum and my doctor says it's Californication.
The only known cure is to relocate to a bass friendly state. Like Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, etc.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

I was just kidding about the NCBF (very few know about it) I think I have been on here for 15 years does that sound right COOCH? All these years run together. RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

God luck in your new endeavors Angel!
@Rich, I think it was 95/96 when I first found Bob Taylor's original site, it was just a fishing reports page then.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

I remember Bob had taysays software or something like that? Small intimate group that I can remember logging on to say good night to everyone :) talking to people who could not sleep etc.

Always appreciated some good advice from Cooch with a key board and a cold beer :)
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Yep,

That would have been you Rich
Cooch,Toad, Stony, Pat, I think Mr. Green myself and hell about 12 others for whom Im at a loss to recall off the top of my head. I am actually embarrassed I cannot rememeber them.

But we had to listen to a modum dial us in :shock: :D :mrgreen: Holy Crap
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

Rich hamilton wrote:I remember Bob had taysays software or something like that? Small intimate group that I can remember logging on to say good night to everyone :) talking to people who could not sleep etc.

Always appreciated some good advice from Cooch with a key board and a cold beer :)
Bob Taylor's software was Taysys software. He wrote a program that was a fishing log.
http://taysys.com/?page_id=4
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

I remember some great conversations and I think at least one of the guys (Jerry) passed away. Great shasta reports and great personality. Pat and Dean all great folks who took the time to explain things and be there for each other.

This is not a memory lane post just a "hell I had a great time post"! kinda magical and having Angel going to Montana brought back some great memories as well. I forgot to tell Angel, men are men and the sheep are scared in Montana! whoa the beer talking again... :) Sober up and back on track!

Like your buddies from AC/DC said Mark, "we are young men trapped in old man's bodies"! :)
jeff bradshaw

Post by jeff bradshaw »

Good luck Angel, Montana is beautiful country. I fly fish some of the rivers there for browns and rainbows.
Angel

Post by Angel »

I made it yesterday at 1:30 in the afternoon. Gorgeous country. It is 17 degrees right now and snowing. I have a view of the Yellowstone River out my living room window.

Angel
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Best wishes to you, Vicki and the kids over there. Thanks for teaching me to find and fool fish, and more importantly, knowing where my fish moved.

We had a good couple of years fishing together, highlighted by 7 straight checks.

Good luck, fellow NCBF'r...
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Best of luck in Montana, Angel.
And, like Bob, I'm thankful for the opportunities I had to fish with and learn from you.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
HookSetR

Post by HookSetR »

WOW! what a move. Just want to wish you and the family all the best. I also want to say "Thank You!" for all that you have done to make me a better fisherman and for being a friend.

Maybe we will have to take a trip to Montana some time and I can bring my fly rod.

Take care!
George & Family
Angel

Post by Angel »

Fly rod!! What's that?? There are big smallmouths up here that no one fishes for. Walleye's, northerns and muskie are here too.
Double-G

Post by Double-G »

Wow Angel,

Sounds like a new place and a new challenge, good luck my friend. You know they have bass up there too!
Rich...you can't even spell NCBF :)
Greg Gutierrez
Frenzy Baits
mike464

Post by mike464 »

Angel, there are plenty of bass up here. Fort Peck has giant smallmouth, Noxon has good smallies and largemouth. We have at least a couple BASS Nation members over in Bozeman. Most of us are out of the western Mt area around Missoula. Let me know if you want any info or someone to catch a ride in the boat with. Mike
Angel

Post by Angel »

Thanks Mike. I will keep in touch. I plan on bringing my boat once my family has moved out here.

Angel