Lake Record in a Tournament

WB Staff

Lake Record in a Tournament

Post by WB Staff »

toyota_sharelunker_larrydhodge[1].jpg
toyota_sharelunker_larrydhodge[1].jpg (119.14 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
Photo: TPWD Photo by Larry Hodge

From Media Bass News:
A new Lake Palestine, TX Record Bass was caught on February 1st during the Media Bass Team Tournament held at the Villages Marina.

Casey Laughlin of Athens, TX caught the 13.22 lb. (Lone Star Lunker #554) on a Zoom Speed Craw in about 8-10 ft in the Kickapoo Creek arm of the lake.

Casey and partner Michael Mays also won the tournament with four bass weighing 22.79 lbs.

The previous lake record was caught on March 2, 2013 at a Media Bass Team Tournament as well.

That 13.14 lb. Lake Palestine record (Lone Star Lunker #545) was caught by Lindell 'Sonny' Booth who was present at this tournament when his record was broken.

Media Bass Tournament Director, Tommy Morton was the lucky Director to weigh both fish in less than one year apart.

TPWD Info:
ShareLunker No. 554
Caught by Casey Laughlin of Rowlett, TX
February 1, 2014 in Palestine
8-10' of water near Kickapoo Creek
13.22 pounds, length 26.25 inches, girth 20.75 inches
Bait/Lure: Zoom Speed Craw
Day of Week: Sat
Moon Phase: N+2
mark poulson

Re: Lake Record in a Tournament

Post by mark poulson »

That's the way to win a tournament! A thrill of a lifetime.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
george

Post by george »

That is way cool, hasn't there been two or three lake records in California caught in tournaments? Mark Tyler caught a 14 plus in the delta during a BASS; that was not a delta record but was a pig and my nephews team partner Kyle caught a 17+ up a Melones a few years ago during a Future Pro event I think!

Does anyone know what all the lake records are for California tournament waters; Clear Lake, Delta, Orville, Folsom, Pedro, McClure etc.?
And SoCal lakes? DVL, Castiac, Pyramid, Perris, Havasu?

George
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

Does anyone know the Folsom lake record? I have heard of 16s being caught but have never seen a listed record.
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

Dustin didn't your pops stick a "Teener" pig :D dart heading a senko on Folsom in a Tourney?

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

Kevin, yup the old man caught a 15.12 with me a couple years back, remember it like it were yesterday. Didn't bother with any documentation as I had caught a 14 a few years back and heard reports of 16s.