Now that the Hook Line & Sinker is gone

StogieMan

Now that the Hook Line & Sinker is gone

Post by StogieMan »

Where can I buy a trolling motor?
Gene used to service my motors but was also the source for me to buy a new motor every fear years. I live in the East Bay so it was good all the way around.
george

Re: Now that the Hook Line & Sinker is gone

Post by george »

I think Gene just sold the place and is now helping the new owners run it! Call them at the store, I am sure he can still get you "Hooked UP"!

George
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

George,

Do you know who the new owners are? Just curious! RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

I drive by there nearly everyday. I haven't noticed they were open for business. Just lots of construction with the facelift of the plaza. I do hope it keeps going and for Gene to have a big hand in it. Hope to hear more about this
Support 81
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Gene has said he will still do trolling motor repairs....
Send him an e-mail
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
george

Post by george »

I don't know personally, but I think Gene released their names on an earlier post about the hook! You might be able to back track and find out. I would just call the Hook and ask!

George
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Hi Ron and Western Bass, I am still doing business with the trolling motors. Still selling, repairing and installing them.
I have been having problems with my email due to the construction gene@hookproshop.com
Yes I have sold the business to a local family and will stay working for them as the manager.
We hope to be open in mid March under the same name and products just a lot more inventory and products

It's going to be great

Gene
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Great news Gene!

Please be advised that Gene took great care of my Minnie and I will take any problems back to him in a heartbeat! thanks, RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Go get 'em Gene.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

Thanks for the update Gene! Will you guys still be selling firearms? I'll be on the market for a shotgun soon. Might have to buy new if I can't find a good used one
Support 81
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

It's a local father/son that bought the Hook, we haven't signed the final purchased agreement as of yet the banks are still putting together the final docs it is however a final deal.
The name will stay the same we will continue to carry the same products and offer the same service.
We hope to have our grand re-opening in mid May. The new owners are going to remodel the inside of our building between now and then. We will continue to promote fishing and tournaments.
The biggest change you will see is in our firearms side. On Tuesday I ordered 100 Henry Rifles and Henry guaranteed delivery by the time of our opening, thats in addition to the over 600 fire arms we already have ordered.
For those of you that have tried to email me I have been having a problem with my internet connection because of all the construction, please keep trying I will get back to you.

Gene

PS golf is great during the week!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good for you a Gene. Congrats :P

The exterior face lift looks great. Can't wait until the new opening.
OG on WB since 1993
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

Will the shop at Russo's still be open? Will the new ownership continue to do buisiness out of Frank's?

Thanks; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Planning on it