How much gear to bring on a fishing trip

knight

How much gear to bring on a fishing trip

Post by knight »

How much gear do you guys bring when you're just fishing for fun? Do you bring the arsenal or just what works during that time period ? I'm getting tired of dragging all my stuff with me each time I go out and want to limit myself to what I can fit in my tackle bag. I have a pretty good size bag for 5 boxes w / pockets and my tackle box with terminal and junk. I bring cranks, jigs, worms, spoons, topwater and some frogs. I usually bring 5-7 rods:2 spinning and 3 casting,1 swimbait rod for a-rigs. Am I overdoing it? I fish Casitas. Thanks
M3AN Bass

Re: How much gear to bring on a fishing trip

Post by M3AN Bass »

Plenty of storage on my boat so I take all my tackle, but I only bring the rods I need usually between 6 and 10. I cut back quite a bit on tackle if I'm fishing smaller bodies of water from my float tube, but again bring at least 6 rods.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

You know that whatever you leave at home is what they might be biting that day :lol:
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

I also have a boat with plenty of tackle, I built a non boater bag with 4 small plastic boxes and a little soft bag for worms. I put in a a few of everything(not quite everything but standard tackle hooks, weights a few jigs, a couple jerkbaits etc, then i put worms in depending on what lake i am fishing. I usually take 5 rods and a swimbait rod if necessary. I keep this bag ready to go and just add what i think i might need, I too got tired of taking everything out of the boat and putting it back in afterwards.
it saves a lot of time for those last minute calls to go out with someone else.
Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Richard - Sonora

I Am Also A Boater Who Fishes In Other Boats..

Post by Richard - Sonora »

and I keep a decent sized bag with the basic nesessities and then swap out lure boxes and soft-baits depending on the body of water and season. The Delta, for example, requires a striper kit, frogs during the warmer months and different jig colors than, say Don Pedro. The same applies to cold weather periods on swimbait and drop-shot waters. Stan Panero (rest in peace, partner) was, by far the best prepared non-boater I have ever seen. One of his tricks - wrap the lures and baits on pre-rigged rods with aluminum foil. Absolutely keeps tangle to a minimum! He also would strap his rods together for transit and long runs! Tight Lines!! Richard