El SALTO Help?????

fishdude

El SALTO Help?????

Post by fishdude »

Just wondering if any of you could help my buddy out. He is leaving next week and he is wondering how does he take rods with him does he make some thing from PVC or go and buy a travel rod holder. then his reels does he put them in his carry on bag or does he check em in with his luggage. then tackle what should he take. Like Rattle traps / Buzz baits /Plastics. Ect... Line choice what should he spool up. Some one told him if he has his reels in his carry on bag that they cannont be spooled is this true.. any help would be greatful... Thanks
Mitch

Re: El SALTO Help?????

Post by Mitch »

Have your friend call me with pencil and paper ready. I've made the trip many times and can help him with what to take and how to take it. Mitch 559 307-1503
Larry Douglas

Post by Larry Douglas »

If your buddy would like, I have two rod carriers for transporting your rods.
One holds 4 rods....the other 8 rods.
If he's anywhere near Manteca, he's welcome to borrow one or both.
Email addy is MobyDebt@aol.com

Larry Douglas
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

if hes anywhere near sunnyvale i have a extra bazooka rod holder and i;ve been there 7 times so if he wants to call me its ok bob 408 734 5627..in fact i'm the one who got larry douglas hooked up before his first trip ..
richdoe

Post by richdoe »

Your friend is going to have a blast. We were there two weeks ago and fishing was fantastic. Nothing over 10 pounds for our group, but a 9.5 and a 9 -- lots of 8's. Don't take anything less than 20# test. I lost two really big fish in trees that I just couldn't stop. Also tell him to
be sure and take a scale -- he's going to catch some big fish that just have to be weighed.