battery charger which brand

GEORGE D.

battery charger which brand

Post by GEORGE D. »

hi just like to know what battery chargers are the best out their my duall pro finally went out should I stay with the same or try another brand thanks everyone george
minnkotaman

Re: battery charger which brand

Post by minnkotaman »

my minnkota 330 has lasted me 15 years.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Norco Genius is good, not familiar other onboard chargers.
Tom
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

I had dual pro and this time I went with Norco Genuis 3/10 which runs around $266. ship tyd. It's not as wide as the dual pro and mounts good standing up which gives you alittle more space. You could mount this on the backside of your lid if you have enough clearances. Guest is suppose to be good but cost alittle more in the range of Dual Pro.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

There a Pro marine 3/12 on Sac craiglist and one year old for $85.00
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

When my Dual Pro went bad (stock charger for my boat), I went with the Minn Kota 330 (3 bank, 10 amp per bank). It was cheaper that Dual Pro at the time, and was on sale on Amazon with a gift card rebate, then I had it installed at C&C. No problems or concerns at all!
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

i am still loving my minn kota 3 bank charger. had lots of issues with the old bass pro xps brand. new one I just bought (single bank) is still workin after 2 yrs.
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

I have Dual Pro that's under warranty. When it took a dump I had major problems with their service department. I had to charge my batteries by hand for 8 weeks before we resolved the problem. They are not the company they used to be. I would never recommend Dual Pro.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Had the same problem with dual pro. Was on hold for over 1/2 hour on the phone for service rep after trying numerous calls trying to get thru.
dwise

Post by dwise »

I have Dual Pro 3-bank that came with the boat when I bought it used in 2010. It still works fine but the green light on the 2nd bank doesn't work anymore. I'm assuming that when all the red lights are out, and I show green on the other two banks, that everything is fully charged. I've been thinking I should replace the charger with a Minn Kota soon.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

here is a layman's response . I have a V-hull tracker and the original charger was built by Dual .
That charger was an "analog" type of charger and the problem was overcharging . It would basically "cook"
my batteries (battery #2 would go bad after 3-4 months , all other batteries would charge OK ) .
When I contacted Dual , they indicated that older analog chargers couldn't accurately check levels and tended to attempt to charge all the batteries the same .
The newer type chargers are supposedly "digital" type designs and they more accurately check levels of the batteries and do not overcharge . I installed a new Dual digital type about 2 years ago and all my batteries charge and run good .
Regards ,
Robb