Sharks Foundation Tournament/what a blast!

Fast Eddie

Sharks Foundation Tournament/what a blast!

Post by Fast Eddie »

Took my 11 y/o grandson to his first ever tournament. Ever try to get an amped up 11 y/organized at 4am. He was dressed in his Sharks regalia and brought every Sharks souvenir he owns. We arrived late and received boat #45. Well the transfer of stuff didn't go as planned. (Geez I wonder why :D ). Missed our blast off number which was ok cause we were there to have fun. Because of the wind we went to the meat wall at the north end of franks. 3 casts and I'm into a 2 lbr. My grandson has never netted a fish before, so instead of lifting it I have him get the net. I tell him to put the net in the water and the fish will swim into the net. The fish must have heard me, because thats exactly what happen. My grandson had an ear to ear grin. It only took him about 3 more casts to screw up his reel, so I gave him my Skeet Reese Senko rod and away he went. We limited out by 7:30. By 9 he was out on the seat with the helmet on as a pillow. We tried Mildred with no luck, and went back to the meat wall. By this time he told me he was "netman" and would rather hold the net. We located a duck decoy in the tules and it was over. He played with the decoy for the last hour.....net at the ready.
Weigh in brought him another surprize when Randy interviewed him. (hopefully the TV show). He's not bashful when it comes to that. He was beaming with pride. We weighed 11.90 good for 25 or 26 out of 48?
A great barbecue by Britania Arms filled us up and now for awards. (BTW Budlight was available for a $5 donation)

First award was the "shoulda stayed at home and watched TV" award. The 3 or 4 lowest weights were up for a big screen TV. Randy selected my grandson to pull a winner out of the hat. You had to be present to win and I believe a couple of teams that qualified had left. Bill Tidwell and his partner won the TV.

Next was 1st place. There were prizes everywhere. Each team got to pick there own prize. The winners had 24 something and chose $400 BPS certificates. Next was 2nd and the big fish award (13 +) caught on a weightless worm. A fully catered Sharks suite for next year went later. (Couldn't believe it) When it was our turn Randy called us up and told us to pick. My grandson chose a neon beer sign for his room. His logic.... because it looks cool grandpa.

It will take a month of Sundays to wipe the grin off his face.

Thanks to Owen Nolan, the San Jose Sharks, Randy Pringle and the BBT Organization, and of course Russos for a wonderful family atmoshere outing. You gave one boy an experience he won't ever forget.

TL
FE

PS Owen Nolan took the time to autograph all my grandson's memorabilia.
Revoke36

Re: Sharks Foundation Tournament/what a blast!

Post by Revoke36 »

Good read! Thanks for sharing. I hope they put on this tourney again cuz I missed this one. GO SHARKS!
Support 81