Jerk bait rod suggestions

Louie

Jerk bait rod suggestions

Post by Louie »

What type of rod do you guys suggest or use for fishing jerk baits on the delta and lakes? Thanks Louie
george

Re: Jerk bait rod suggestions

Post by george »

Hey Louie, there are some great rods out there and it depends how much your willing to spend! I have several with two of them being Dobyns 704cb which is a glass rod and I love it and I also have a Dobyns 634cb for my poppers and lighter rip baits.
They both run about $230.00 but are the best rods out there in my opinion!

Now I have a couple custom rods built for me based on height by Cal West Custom rods and I love them also; its sort of neat having a rod built exactly for you and they are made of the best blanks and materials used by all the name brands; Call Dennis at Cal West Customs 559-642-8860 and he will get your info and set you up; you wont be disappointed!

Good Luck,

George Azevedo
M3AN Bass

Post by M3AN Bass »

I love my Powell Max Spook and Trap rods. As the name suggests they were built for spooks and traps but they make a good jerk bait or popper rod as well.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Deffently a Dobyns 704cb. Was built by the ripping king himself.
OG on WB since 1993
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

I will second the 704cb from Dobyns. Best I have ever used. For the larger baits (pointer 128) I like the 705cb, both in graphite models. If these are within your price range they are your best bet.
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

One of the hottest rod series out there right now is the DAIWA TATULA. 7' Med or Med lt for rip baits. A lot of top pros on FLW Tour and BASS Elites are using this series, even though us "Average Joes" can afford'em too.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_Ta ... e-DTC.html
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Gloomis 843 MH Hands down. Quick, yet soft enough tip to hold on after the bite and not pull loose
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
jmats

Post by jmats »

I'd also consider looking at Phenix Recon 713 as well as there X-10 crankbait rod.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Mitch wrote:Gloomis 843 MH Hands down. Quick, yet soft enough tip to hold on after the bite and not pull loose
Loomis' CBR843 crankbait rod is way too underpowered for medium to larger sized jerkbaits--it's better suited for small crankbaits. Loomis MBR843 works well for Staysee 90/Pointer 100 size jerbaits if you like to work them aggressively; it's also good for SuperSpooks. MBR843 is a good general purpose rod that most people use to fish jigs and plastics.