AIG Insurance Claim - Bad experience

scottsweet

AIG Insurance Claim - Bad experience

Post by scottsweet »

All,

I recently messed up my lower unit and filed a claim with AIG. I was thinking they were a good company when I switched over to them based on a recommendation. Boy was I wrong!! Bottomline, stay away from AIG...they don't understand the demands of the bass boat industry and the importance of being responsive, especially during the tournament season.

The short version of the story is it took a couple of days to get the inspector out to look at the boat, but took them 30 days to issue as check. Not only that, the check was issued with my lienholder on it so now I have to send the check to the bank and they issue the check to the shop for the repair. Who knows when that will be completed. All I got was the runaround and "we have 30 days to process your claim" when I tried to get results.

Needless to say, thank goodness for Anglers Marine and Jordan helping me out or I would still have a boat that is down! Thank you Jordan!!
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
fishwithron2

Re: AIG Insurance Claim - Bad experience

Post by fishwithron2 »

Had Farmer's before and switch over to Boat USA ( Vandenberg) did the same as you hit something and damage my lower unit. Agent ( back east ) contacted me concerning damage and requested pic's and estimate of repair. Forward them all the info and aweek later they sent me a check less deductable and depreciation as my motor was 10 year old. Go with Vandenberg cuz they're fisherman like you and will tale care of any problems.
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

The absolute best boat insurance is Foremost, thru my Farmers agent. I was at WOT in a tournament in 2010. Hit a submerged object in 18 foot of water on the delta. Sheard of my prop, prop shaft and busted the lower unit. Filled a claim, thru Inland Marine ( Frank is the best ),,, NEW prop, and NEW lower unit, not reman'd and back on the water in exactly 10 days. $ 125.00 deductable do to recipts from a previous replacement of the lower unit in less than 5 years, and due the my AGREED CASH VALUE POLICY. The policy is a little bit more each year over those Actual Cash Value Policies, But my Policy is truly Hassle Free, and it will never go down on the negotiated value of my Boat , Motor & Trailer as long as I never have a lapse in the yearly payment.
Then on my second trip back on the water after picking up my boat I BLEW the Power Head. Foremost accepted the new claim as a continuation of the lower unit claim and paid for a NEW Mercury Power Head with NO deductible.
And that's my 1995 Champion for sale in the Classifieds
.......Clay
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

tttt"
Ray Coleman

Post by Ray Coleman »

What do you expect, same people that were able to help almost bankrupt the US economy. They were Johnny on the spot to take a bailout, of course the shoe was on the other foot.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Top'r wrote:The absolute best boat insurance is Foremost, thru my Farmers agent. I was at WOT in a tournament in 2010. Hit a submerged object in 18 foot of water on the delta. Sheard of my prop, prop shaft and busted the lower unit. Filled a claim, thru Inland Marine ( Frank is the best ),,, NEW prop, and NEW lower unit, not reman'd and back on the water in exactly 10 days. $ 125.00 deductable do to recipts from a previous replacement of the lower unit in less than 5 years, and due the my AGREED CASH VALUE POLICY. The policy is a little bit more each year over those Actual Cash Value Policies, But my Policy is truly Hassle Free, and it will never go down on the negotiated value of my Boat , Motor & Trailer as long as I never have a lapse in the yearly payment.
Then on my second trip back on the water after picking up my boat I BLEW the Power Head. Foremost accepted the new claim as a continuation of the lower unit claim and paid for a NEW Mercury Power Head with NO deductible.
And that's my 1995 Champion for sale in the Classifieds
.......Clay
X2 That's my experience also with Foremost. But Vandenberg will take care of you, too.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY