Purchasing HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter with

Moderator: Ken Sauret

R. Duzac

Purchasing HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter with

Post by R. Duzac »

I did a search on this subject but didn't find anything. Sorry If this is a repeat.
I read that the old structure scan worked better than the new Structure Scan with LSS-2 Transducer.
Customer Review (Said wreck just looked like a line)
Since I don't necessarily trust all posted customer reviews I figured I would check with others here.

If I get this setup is there anything else I really need to purchase (Old 97 Viber Cobra Boat)
HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter with Insight USA® and LSS-2 Transducer.

http://www.basspro.com/Lowrance-HDS7-Ge ... LL_PRODUCT

By the title it says it has the transducer, but calling bass pro shops they told me I still need to purchase one???

How do you like yours?
Thanks for the help.
Rene Duzac
NoCAL

Re: Purchasing HDS-7 Gen2 Touch Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter

Post by NoCAL »

Based on the title, I'd think it has the LSS2 transducer too! I think for the most part, people have found that the LSS2 has better range in shallow water but the LSS1 might have an edge in downscan. The issue with the LSS1 is availability. If you can find one for a good price, it will work but there is an adaptor that Lowrance recommends for connecting to Gen 2 or Touch units. Some users have found that the adaptor is not necessary others have found the picture looks better. You will also need some way of mounting the unit. Most use a RAM mount but if you have room, you could install it in the dash. Nothing else you need to buy if you just want the Touch plus LSS2 transducer. You would need and Ethernet cable if you wanted to connect to any other HDS unit for sharing waypoints.

NoCAL