Trolling Motor Cable

WackySenko

Trolling Motor Cable

Post by WackySenko »

I have a MotorGuide Tour Edtion 107 that has a broken steering cable, the long one. My cable measures 63" from the end of the nut to the end of the protective outer sheathing.
I have not been able to get with Gene at the Hook. The counter guys at the Hook found a cable that is 62-5/8" long (measuring the same as I did mine). I did not but it, but really want to get this fixed so I can go out tomorrow.
Anybody have an idea if the 3/8" will make a difference?

Thank You
Mike
Champion Jon

Re: Trolling Motor Cable

Post by Champion Jon »

I doubt it.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Mike measure the out side cover of the cable I have all of the cables in stock, or bring your cable to the Hook and they can compare it to the cables. Yes 3/8's of an inch will make a differance.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gene Buchholz wrote:Mike measure the out side cover of the cable I have all of the cables in stock, or bring your cable to the Hook and they can compare it to the cables. Yes 3/8's of an inch will make a differance.
That's what she said! :shock:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

Gene,

I was at the Hook and two of your guys tried to help. We measured my cable at 63". They came up front with 4 packages, three of which were the same. We measured two cables and found one that was 62-5/8" and one too long.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

This may be a really dumb question, but can it be that your old cable stretched over time? I know I had to tighten my tm cables after a while when I replaced them. But I used the cables that Stanton Marine had for my
tm, so I don't really know what the length of the cables was.

You can always call Nick, the TM Dr., at 800 944-9446, and ask him. He'll give you the real scoop.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Please call me at the Hook 925-6235-2441 I have the cable in stock. I have all new people working for me and they have not been trained on the trolling motor end of things.

Thank you
Gene
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

Gene is awsome. I arrived at the Hook this morning and Gene stopped what he was doing. He measured my cable, asked if it was difficult to pull out of the wiring harness, went in the back and came out with the right cable. Mine had stretched a little. I took it home and am now ready for to go fishing.
THANK YOU Gene.

Mike
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Good deal!....I was figuring it had stretched.