Towing Boat in the left lane Ticket

birdi23nls

Towing Boat in the left lane Ticket

Post by birdi23nls »

I just got a ticket coming home driving in the 3rd lane. I did not receive a speeding ticket because the cop was pretty cool, considering the circumstances. Anyone know what this is going to cost me "relatively speaking. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Jared
Jared
e-mail: Birdi23nls@aol.com

www.mayhemlures.com
birdi23nls

Re: Towing Boat in the left lane Ticket

Post by birdi23nls »

Is it a moving violation?
Jared

www.mayhemlures.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

birdi23nls wrote:Is it a moving violation?
I don't know how much it costs now, but it is a moving violation. If you can do it, traffic school will keep it from affecting your DMV record, but it can still affect your insurance.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
rico

Post by rico »

Probably at least $300. You're lucky he didn't give you multiple tickets
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I got one 12 years ago in Lancaster the it was $300.00
M3AN Bass

Post by M3AN Bass »

You can't tow in the fast lane? Even if your not speeding or obstructing traffic?
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

You have to be in the right 2 lanes, so you can be in the fast lane if its a 2 lane road I believe.
george

Post by george »

My buddy got a ticket on I-5 about three years ago near Charter Way in Stockton, he was behind slower trucks in both lanes two and three and decided to jump around them in lane one; the left lane.
It cost him $370.00 and he still cries about it every time he drive through there!
I have another friend of my who is a highway patrol and he said most CHP will let you slide a little on pulling a boat faster than the 55 mph speed limit but you get into the left lane and you are getting a ticket.

George
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

$370? That's more than most speeding tickets. I was hoping for $200. I guess it's a waiting game. Sheesh
Jared

www.mayhemlures.com
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

I've asked a CHP officer a while back out this. His comment was to me was you can town in any lane but the far left. $$$$ wise for violation don't know.. Sorry bro about the ticket!
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

M3AN Bass wrote:You can't tow in the fast lane? Even if your not speeding or obstructing traffic?
You cannot travel in the number one lane while towing. You can make a pass but you better get back over if CHP is around. I can see ticketing a big rig that knows these laws but a warning is fit for the weekend warrior that is clueless IMO
Support 81
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Here's a link to the towing rules under the CA Motor Vehicle Code:

http://www.eyershitch.com/california-towing-laws.html

You have to tow in the right hand lane, unless you are passing another vehicle.
CLEAN AND DRY
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Mark, tell that to the truckers. The only time I have to go to the number 1 lane is pulling the hill from Castaic to Pyramid. There's 3 lanes and the truckers take up the right 2 just barely creeping along.
george

Post by george »

Pull up California Highway Patrol boat towing laws and you will find that when towing you can only use the two most right hand lanes! You cannot go into the far left lane for any reason and you will get a ticket, not even for passing!
You also cannot run faster then 55 mph while towing but in my experience they will cut you a little break on speed but not in use of the wrong lane.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mrobinett wrote:Mark, tell that to the truckers. The only time I have to go to the number 1 lane is pulling the hill from Castaic to Pyramid. There's 3 lanes and the truckers take up the right 2 just barely creeping along.
Mike,
Me, too, but don't tell anyone!
CLEAN AND DRY
mike austin

Post by mike austin »

I live off Templin Hwy. the trucker go 3 wide all the time. I have talked to CHP and they're answer was they can't stop them because the truckers use they're cb radios and it makes it too hard to catch them. I say that's BS, they're too lazy.
rico

Post by rico »

drdetroit3 wrote:You have to be in the right 2 lanes, so you can be in the fast lane if its a 2 lane road I believe.
On a two lane road in CA, the left lane is a PASSING lane. You can only be in the lane to pass a vehicle, then you must move back to the right lane. If you tow in the left lane, even at the speed limit, you are subject to a ticket. Ask any big rig driver who drives on hwy 505.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

mike austin wrote:I live off Templin Hwy. the trucker go 3 wide all the time. I have talked to CHP and they're answer was they can't stop them because the truckers use they're cb radios and it makes it too hard to catch them. I say that's BS, they're too lazy.
No B.S. This is absolutely true. My dad is a trucker and most truckers give each other a " heads up" whenever CHP or State Troopers are on the highway. Via CB radio. They know where there gonna be 5 to 10 miles ahead of time. You should invest in a C.B radio. :D
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

not to ruin your day but depending on the County I'm being told it could be as high as $475.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Steve

Post by Steve »

Its an expensive ticket and I got a speeding ticket with it as well. Just on the south end of Stockton on I-5. Big rigs had the road clogged and they were boxing me in, and to be honest I just wanted to get away from them. I got out of the far right lane, went to the far left and sped up so I could pass as quickly as possible and resume my legal spot in the far right. Well wouldnt you know it just as I was moving ahead of the log jam theres a CHP on the side of the road. Wonderful. And the jerk had to give me two tickets.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Steve wrote:Its an expensive ticket and I got a speeding ticket with it as well. Just on the south end of Stockton on I-5. Big rigs had the road clogged and they were boxing me in, and to be honest I just wanted to get away from them. I got out of the far right lane, went to the far left and sped up so I could pass as quickly as possible and resume my legal spot in the far right. Well wouldnt you know it just as I was moving ahead of the log jam theres a CHP on the side of the road. Wonderful. And the jerk had to give me two tickets.

Been there, done that. On the 5, on the way to Castaic. 4:00 in the morning. I got pulled over by a CHP with a "trainee" in the car, and he had to show the young kid how it was supposed to be done.
CLEAN AND DRY