Powell rod users!

Rick Perez

Powell rod users!

Post by Rick Perez »

I want to get a Powell rod for throwing frogs I know many will say what they throw but I'm in the market for a Powell! I use exclusively Loomis rods for all my rods but I have my reasons for this inquiry so please any of you folks with Powell's please chime in and let me hear your opinion of what model please!

thanks in advance
Rick...
willfish

Re: Powell rod users!

Post by willfish »

Powell 735 is a great all around frog rod, plenty of power with soft enuf tip for walking your frogs. Also the 775 endurance is awesome..... Great rod for when ur fishing the thickest nasty cover you can find.... Try them out you won't be disappointed.... Willie church
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Hi Rick Gene From the Hook I agree the 735 is a great rod I have them at the shop if you want to feel one the next time you in
Burke

Post by Burke »

I agree with Willie and Gene. I use a Powell 735 for my frog rod as well as my cranking rod.
jerrysfishing

Post by jerrysfishing »

If you want a rod that is shorter, lighter and easier to use than the 735 at 7'3" go with a 705 at 7'
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Do you need an extra fast tip with any of those rods?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Diatte

Post by Diatte »

I've had good luck with the 725 in the Endurance series. Balances extremely well and every fish that gets hooked gets in the boat.
bass king

Post by bass king »

+1 on the Endurance series 725. The shorter length allows you to really walk it well and skip it under things. The 5 power has plenty of torque too.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

735 is what I use. I have a couple endurance rods for other uses and they are nice, I would defiantly check them out too. If your near sac and want to try one out let me know.
Rick Perez

Post by Rick Perez »

Thanks everyone that responded I appreciate your time!

Rick...
Rippin Lips

Post by Rippin Lips »

734 Works really well for me... fast tip easy to walk...
"If it has gills.... It can be caught"
stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

Recently bought a 725C Mag heavy, what a great rod! This rod is Powells "Inferno" series rod.
This rod has a soft tip that is amazing for working the frog and then quickly gets A LOT of power!!!!!
When you put this rod in your hands and fish it it feels a lil deceiving, it does not feel like it would have power because its so light feeling but it' definately has big fish pulling power!