Looking for a dependable battery charger

Roscoe

Looking for a dependable battery charger

Post by Roscoe »

I recently purchased a boat and I'm going to buy a battery charger, I was wondering what is a good charger to get at a good price. Raising 4 lil ones on one income is tough so I can't afford top of the line but I can spend a ok amount for a reliable charger. Thanks once again fellow anglers and I can't wait to get this boat on the water and rip some lips.
fishwithron2

Re: Looking for a dependable battery charger

Post by fishwithron2 »

Too bad you weren't in the market for a charger as Noco had a sale of 1/2 off about 3 weeks ago and it's now off. They were selling a 3/10 for around $160.00 and a 4/10 for alittle over $200.00. They come with a 5 year warrenty. Scroll back 2 month if possible as there was anew for sale.
I have a Noco 3/10 and works great and cheaper than a dual pro. I had dual pro before and it's heavier and more bulky. The Noco is slimmer. go on to google and search for the nearest dealer as I bought mine form a dealer in Washington and they ship it to me within 4 days ( Sac )
Last edited by fishwithron2 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

Roscoe wrote:I recently purchased a boat and I'm going to buy a battery charger, I was wondering what is a good charger to get at a good price. Raising 4 lil ones on one income is tough so I can't afford top of the line but I can spend a ok amount for a reliable charger. Thanks once again fellow anglers and I can't wait to get this boat on the water and rip some lips.
I recently bought a noco charger. http://www.geniuschargers.com. I bought the four bank when it was on sale for 50% off. But their regular price is better than any others i could find. Plus a 5 year warranty. Hard to beat. Worth looking at.I'd recommend it. I had a dual pro before aND don't k notice a difference between them. This charger is lighter if weight is concerned. Good luck.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Stay with the proven one Dual Pro. I have sold them for years and have had no problem.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

If your fishing tournament stuff Walmart has some affordable chargers that can either push 2 amps, 10 amps or 15 amps.
However if you don't need that quick few hours charge, look at Battery Tender. I bought the 4 bank and it not only does the job, but maintains the charge too. Its small enough to fit in a compartment and with the quick disconnect cables most people wont even know its there.
Congratulations on the boat.
C U on da water
TL
FE

Ps. Have someone check the batteries for dead cells before you go..