carpet for trailer service?

ketchenbass321

carpet for trailer service?

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Does anyone know of someone who can replace the boards and carpet for trailers? I need my boards replaced and new carpet. If you can do it for me, I will gladly pay you as well. Need it done ASAP.

Any referrals very much obliged! Thanks in advance! :D

Mike 415-519-6972
kraetzer

Re: carpet for trailer service?

Post by kraetzer »

I'll have to replace mine in the near future and will switch them out with pressure treated wood and gatorbaks -> check them out http://gatorbak.com
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Just a question, but how come boat builders aren't using this high tech stuff on their trailers??? Seems to be much better than carpet.

Thanks for the referral! I'm really curious and might try it.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

ketchenbass321 wrote:Just a question, but how come boat builders aren't using this high tech stuff on their trailers??? Seems to be much better than carpet.

Thanks for the referral! I'm really curious and might try it.
I'm guessing it's the cost. Although these boats can be somewhere in the 50k and above range, the manufacturers still try to "cut corners" as much as possible.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

I saw this on BBC http://www.bbcboards.net/ranger-boats/5 ... ction.html

I think Ill be using the gatorbak bunks too
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Along the same lines..... Does anyone have suggestions on Wheel well bunks? I am needing to replace mine
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Expecting my Gatorbak pads on Wednesday. Actually looking forward to seeing what it's all about. Took the recommendation here to get pressure treated wood. Also coating the wood to withstand water and rot. Won't be 100% proof, but every little thing helps I guess.

Spoke with Damon Bryngelson at Gatorbak. Very nice guy!

After I get it installed, I will write a review and let you all know what I think. I'm very optimistic about this product. From what I hear, it's getting much attention in the east coast.