Blue Lakes?

tankyota

Blue Lakes?

Post by tankyota »

Does anyone ever fish Blue Lakes? I drive past it on my way to CL and I'm always curious.. I've never seen a bass boat out there..
If so, tips? Suggestions? Is it worth it?
Thanks!
DanIsaac

Re: Blue Lakes?

Post by DanIsaac »

call Dave at Clear Lake Outdoors. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

Hang on, or go over to the belly boat club. scbbbc. They fish it a lot.
TEAM FATBOY.
Bsapp

Post by Bsapp »

I did the same thing 4-5 years ago. So I launched there one day and saw a few big followers but no takers. I caught alotta small 12-14 inchers dropshoting. My buddy is kick boater and he said he's had some Good days in the Lower lake he calls it mudlake cuz it's usually stained. But launching a boat there unless you know someone is a no go from what I hear. I bet if you hit blue lakes when it's muddied after some big rains you could stick some big fish up shallow. Lotsa trout stocked in those lakes.
J. Walker

Post by J. Walker »

I've fished it a few times, as recently as a couple weeks ago. For me, it's been hit or miss. The hard part for me is trying to find a launch that will actually let you launch a boat, they can be a pain in the butt and even then the ramps aren't very accommodating for a 20' bass boat. I come down from Ukiah and last launched at Pine Acres, but they told me they don't do the muscle inspections on the weekends. Why in the world they would not do them on the weekends is beyond me. They also charge $8 per person for day use. The only place on the lake that does is The Narrows Resort, but they wouldn't even open the gate to let me drive in so I had to go to Nice. After dealing with all of that from the time I left my house it took me over 3 hours to actually get on the water and the fishing that day was no good, but it was nice clean water for the kids to swim in. I know there are big fish in there though, best bet is probably on a weekday when there arent as many swimmers and fish the docks.
tankyota

Post by tankyota »

That was good info. Thank you! I'm interested in giving it a go at some point, although it sounds like getting my 21' in there might be a challenge.
Thanks again!
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Pine acres has always been 6 bucks a person, I launch small boats there in the dark and pay on the way out, never had a problem. Haven't launched the bass boat there but see guys doing it. Narrows is not open till 7:30 am and you have to call him at the gate . Trout fishing is almost always good and limits are easy. The bass fishing can be tuff but downsize line and baits and you can catch em. There are huge fish in there but are hard to catch . There are times you can do real well flipping the overgrown banks.
The lower muddy blue lakes is better for bass and hit frogs pretty good but no boat access . There is a good float tube or kayak access right along the highway.
Dave