FOLSOM LAKE UPDATE.....

Scott Shambre

FOLSOM LAKE UPDATE.....

Post by Scott Shambre »

Spoke to the state park decison makers today about the current conditions at Folsom Lake. Although there is still a 5 MPH speed limit on the lake, park maintenance crews are working hard to clean up all of the debris being blown ashore by this storm. Conditions are pretty similar to what I encountered on Sunday in that there is scattered piles being blown around by the wind in the upper parts of the north & south forks. The main body looks good with pieces big enough to see from long distances floating around the penninsula and the wind sock area. The state park bosses seem to think that with the storms and the rising water, 90% of the debris will be up high on the bank and out of harms way leading to a lifting of the speed limit late in the week.

As of 3 PM, Folsom Dam has 5 gates open releasing 33,000 CFS to the river below while the inflow into the lake is around 53,000 CFS. The lake has come up 2 ft. since midnight last night and will continue to rise until inflows drop substantially. Last time the lake did this quick rise deal, it took over 20 lbs. to win, so look for another repeat perfomance this Sunday during the season finale FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE event.

Check-in will begin at 4:30 AM at SUSIE'S COUNTRY OAKS CAFE with blastoff at first safe light out of Grantie Bay. Weigh-in for the first flight will begin at 3 PM with awards shortly after the last boat weighs in. For more info, entry forms, Pro's Pointers articles and information about our upcoming SUMMER SERIES, go to www.folsombassleague.com and cruise around our site.

I hope to see everyone out there this Sunday for what will be and awesome season ending event. See ya all out there.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
C&C Marine Citrus Heights
www.okumafishing.com
www.basscatcher.com (Markey Baits)
www.roboworm.com
SUSIE'S COUNTRY OAKS CAFE
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
fishwithwill

Re: FOLSOM LAKE UPDATE.....

Post by fishwithwill »

The lake's current debris is the worst I have seen on any body of water, anywhere. The wind and water color makes seeing wood debris difficult. I have been on the lake the last three days and the color line has moved below Anderson Island and below Brown's overnight. The South Fork is a mud bucket and debris makes driving and fishing tough. The lake is picking up too much color, is on the rise and the temp is dropping. The fishing is really tough and it is wet and windy. Stay home.

William Wright
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Sounds like you didn't have much fun out there William? I had a feeling with all that snow melting it was going to muddy things up. Thanks for the heads up.
Plan B or beyond?
I had to come back...I know...
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Sorry Scott,

Check out the american River the walk bridge at Sunrise is about to submerdge!! I am not a quitter but if this continues as they say it will, there is no way I will be out in this mess Sunday!! They are talking ten straight days of rain, Yes last Sunday the lake looked good and fished well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, but this is CRAZY!!

Maybe with an ARK
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

I got good rain gear, im there no matter what!!!!!!