One rod all day long

ttb31183

One rod all day long

Post by ttb31183 »

Have you ever had a day where you used one rod the entire time? It happens to me once in a while and one of those days was Saturday, my drop shot rod never left my hands.

It was also my first time using hi-vis yellow braid and I don't think I will be going back to the regular green. I had used the bright yellow line a few times for steelhead fishing and thought it was pretty cool, but lately many pros are talking about doing it for increased line visibility with such thin braid. With a fluoro leader, it probably could be any color and it wouldn't make a difference. Needless to say, it was nice being able to see the line "tick" on those sensitive bites.

For the day, my wife and I had just under 18lbs of smallmouth - all solid fish between 2.5 and 4.4 pounds and all on a drop shot with a Roboworm. We caught between over 25 fish on the day with most of them being solid keepers. It's great to be able to get dialed in like that and not be distracted with other techniques. If you are catching them, why change..right?

Here are a few from the day at Long Lake outside of Spokane.

Tyler Brinks
MT

Re: One rod all day long

Post by MT »

Those are the best kind of days. Nothing worse than a pile of rods on the deck and none of them work. I recently had a day where they ate a lipless all day. Just chuckin and windin with one rod, nice, simple fishing. Those days don't come too often. Beautiful smallies by the way. Looks like you have a very nice fishery up there.
jg

Post by jg »

I love the color of those smallies. I agree 1 rod all day is always fun.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

best days on the water! Dialed in is the best feeling!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

I've had many days throwing a Football Head all day long. Those are the best days!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Marc

Post by Marc »

I love fishing Long Lake...it has some nice green bass too!
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com