Boat Detailing

greatwhite

Boat Detailing

Post by greatwhite »

Looking to get my Basscat detailed a year up at Clear Lk has it looking rough! Any suggestions ?

Thanks Chris
reddog

Re: Boat Detailing

Post by reddog »

Where are you? Call me tomorrow and I will hook you up with the BEST hull and all purpose cleaner ever! I guaranty you will be happy and have a clean boat again.

Andy (916)572-9066
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

If you're looking for someone to detail your rig give John Bounds a call at out of bounds.. He's in Rocklin.. Not sure where you're located..
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
greatwhite

Post by greatwhite »

Thanks Randy. Looking for something closer I'm in the east bay...Castro Valley
Boatmasters has a guy but I thought $25 a foot was a little high.
bassz21

Post by bassz21 »

WOW 25$ per foot thats crazy I would never pay someone to clean my boat
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

greatwhite wrote:Thanks Randy. Looking for something closer I'm in the east bay...Castro Valley
Boatmasters has a guy but I thought $25 a foot was a little high.
I don't know what the going rate is for detailing boats, but it must be a labor-intensive job, or everyone would do it themselves. I know I wipe my boat down with Peregine 250 every other trip, and there are areas that still get mineral buildup. If you haven't been wiping your boat down regularly, it could have some stubborn stuff built up. And the carpet is probably going to need a lot of work, after a year of fishing.
If your boat has a lot of mineral buildup on it, it might take two guys four hours to really get it clean.
$500 for 8 labor hours, including cleaning materials, for a 20' boat doesn't sound bad when you think of it in those terms.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
reddog

Post by reddog »

Hey guys. I know detailing the boat sucks but if you go to the link below I use this product to clean my boat and with an hours worth of elbow grease it's all done and looks new again. I use the hull cleaner and the all purpose on everything else and it works great. The hull cleaner is awesome! We fish the Delta and that stuff gets nasty, I just spray the hull cleaner on and come back and spray it off with a hose. If the boats been in the water for a long time I may have to wipe it.
http://snecare.com/
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

The Boat Dock in Fremont took my boat of the trailer and detailed the fiberglass for $165 or $175. I do the carpet my self. You can get to 90% of the carpet from out side the boat with a small step ladder. Two applications of Woolite carpet cleaner with vacuuming in between gets the carpets clean. Some bait scent products require just a bit of light scrubbing with a medium bristle brush and a little extra Woolite.
DAVE MOEN
Mike

Post by Mike »

Pm sent
OG on WB since 1993
sy

Post by sy »

I just sold my 1990 boat. I used denatured alcohol to take off all the scuffs and used a citrus cleaner from dollar tree to clean the scum. Looked great
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I second the safe-&-easy it's awesome stuff. We just started to sell it at the Hook Line & Sinker.
reddog

Post by reddog »

Hey guys I spoke with a detailer today in Sacramento and he said he will detail a boat for 15$ a foot. I don't know where that ranks or how far from Sacramento you guys actually are but I know he runs a storage facility and the boats he stores now are the big delta destroyers which he details for them and they look immaculate. If you're interested let me know or give him a call Discovery Boat detailing (916) 396-3912. Ask for Miguel.