networking 2 hds 10s help needed

Moderator: Ken Sauret

BrandonCook

networking 2 hds 10s help needed

Post by BrandonCook »

I just received my 2 hds 10s from tackle warehouse today! What do I need to link them together? I have structure scan for 1 unit. Will ether net cables connect the 2 units with structure scan? Also what exactly is the nema 2000? Do I need that? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks
Marc

Re: networking 2 hds 10s help needed

Post by Marc »

Are you coming to the BassAThon? We will be there to answer all your questions.

In the meantime to give you the quick answer, you will want to connect both with an ethernet cable. This allows you to view any connected transducer on either HDS unit, and it synchronizes all your waypoints. It will also allow you to view a map chip between both units (HDS Gen 2 units with current software).

NMEA2000 networks give you even more functionality. There are many sensors that have their data displayed on your HDS units through the NMEA 2000 network. Sensors like temperature, oil level, fuel level, etc.

NMEA 2000 is also needed to connect the Point-1 antenna. If you fish offshore waypoints, this is a must have.

Understanding how to connect a NMEA 2000 network will seem complicated at first until you understand the concept, but once you do they are really simple. Come to the BassAThon and we can show you how all this works.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com