Elites out of Discovery Park

kraetzer

Elites out of Discovery Park

Post by kraetzer »

How long of a boat right on average do you guys expect for the Sacramento tournament?
Since it's right around spawning time I think most of them are heading south -> I guess 2 hours one way
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
george

Re: Elites out of Discovery Park

Post by george »

Time to buy stock in the closest gas station to the launch because these boys are going to be burning some fuel!
How many "No Wake Zones" will they have to go through to get to the delta; let say Franks tract?
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

When Viviano had the West Coast Bass Classics out of Old Sac. it took us 1and 1/2 hours to get to Sherman Lake but that was with the gates open. Will the gates be open at that time?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

george wrote:Time to buy stock in the closest gas station to the launch because these boys are going to be burning some fuel!
How many "No Wake Zones" will they have to go through to get to the delta; let say Franks tract?
Will getting cited for speeding in a no wake zone result in a DQ?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

mark poulson wrote:Will getting cited for speeding in a no wake zone result in a DQ?

YES!

As far as Time goes, It will take them well over 1.5 hours to get from Sacto to Frank's tract. There are two potential paths, one would be to come straight down the Old Sac River through Locke, Walnut Grove and Isleton, the other would be to cut over above at Elk or Grand Slough and hit Steamboat that dumps in on the Deep Water Channel at Liberty Island avoiding all the 5mphs from Locke To Vierras. I'm not sure which would be faster. This is why I believe some of those guys are gonna try and find the right groups of fish up there round Liberty island that is only a 30 minute boat ride out of Sacramento. Depending on the tides, the farther south they run to fish, the smaller the window they'll have to catch their fish, especially if it's a prespawn bite and fish are not on beds and their areas are tidal dependent. This trip for the Elites, launching out of the Sacto area, will be one of them big challenges that BASS put's their anglers up against, much like other river systems they fish across the country. Although I'm sure we'll see some big fish, I'd suspect the over all weights will be lower than what we might normally see from such an event that was held out of Russo's or Stockton.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Lots of them are good tidal fishermen, but I'm guessing the no-wake zones will be a problem for all of them.
I'm guessing all those Elite guys will be hitting up their West Coast buddies on tour, like Skeet, to try and get a handle on how to navigate from Sacramento.
And the local guides should get hit up, too.
A fun time for all NoCal bass fishermen, that's for sure. I'm soooo jealous. I may have to come up and visit my sister for that week.
CLEAN AND DRY
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Could be some hairy boat rides for the Marshals in that tourney, the speed /wake zones will be a player too, as well as navigation , bet some nice smallies and meanmouth river fish will be weighed in. Those elite anglers can and will catch em good. Despite the launch area being so far from the Delta waters proper, where the biggest fish are known to live, should be a great event!
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

That time of year the upper Whites slough,Hog, Sycamore and beaver sloughs can be very goodand not near as time consuming
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

It should be fun for you Delta rats to see where the Elites catch them.
CLEAN AND DRY