How long after Open Heart

Rod Martin

How long after Open Heart

Post by Rod Martin »

I know some of you guys have had ByPass Surg. done.

How long did it take to get back out fishing ?

Have not seen Doc since done but am just looking for a target time to work for

Thanks
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
DG

Re: How long after Open Heart

Post by DG »

Rod,
Sounds like the surgery went well if you're thinking about fishing already! Because everyone is different, I would only get the time and the OK from the doc! It would depend on your physical condition and healing rate. For me it was about a month before I could do very much. The mind will say yes but the body will be the actual determination as to what you can do physically. Just casting is one thing but what about climbing in and out of the boat, setting the hook on that monster and trying to bend down and lip it? Maybe just do a little pond fishing to start. Anyway the doc will give you the best info and advice. You'll be ready for the spring bite! Good luck.
DG
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

I was 47 at the time and had bypass January of '08 and took my boat out to Clear Lake by myself April '08. Just don't do anything that puts pressure on your sternum for at least 2 months to make sure it heals quickly. That first trip out felt sooooo good!!!

Just remember everyone heals differently.

Good Luck!

-vernon
W.C

Post by W.C »

Wow! :shock: Rod!!! I hope you are doing better my old friend, I will keep you in my prayers buddy... the fish can wait you need to give yourself some time to get better, when you come this way and are healthy again, give me a call and I will take you out for the day and be your net boy if need be. 8) take care old buddy. :wink:
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks for the replys. Its been just less than 2 weeks, I think I will shoot for Christmas day.
The old split shot rod and a weeine worm. Maybe the granddaughter or brother-in-law can lip it for me lol.

Willie, when it warms up, would love to fish with you. The cold makes my toes hurt, I think it is lose of circulation for now. :roll: BUT everything is really looking up since the operation.

Again thanks for the reply
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Man, I had no idea you even had a heart! Hahaha
Heal and come back soon.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Doc that fixed my Heart is a fisherman. My boats are in Fl. now. Looks like I will have to find a guide for Pedro. That can show him a good time and BIG FISH.

Maybe in March if a little water comes in. :D

And yes it took him a while but he did find I had a heart lol
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:Doc that fixed my Heart is a fisherman. My boats are in Fl. now. Looks like I will have to find a guide for Pedro. That can show him a good time and BIG FISH.

Maybe in March if a little water comes in. :D

And yes it took him a while but he did find I had a heart lol
We're all happy he did!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY