Rain gear/ bibs

adamsj13

Rain gear/ bibs

Post by adamsj13 »

What do you all use as rain gear for winter? I dont have a lot to spend but wanted to see what you'll use. Im looking for insulated bibs and a rain jacket. Looking at Shimano Insulated Dryfender 3T Bibs.

Thanks all.
mark poulson

Re: Rain gear/ bibs

Post by mark poulson »

If you buy a Gortex shell, pants and jacket, you can insulate beneath them if you need to with sweat pants and a sweat shirt. That way you'll have something for when it's not that cold, but rainy or windy, and still be covered when it does get cold.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I will have frog togs in today and Bass Pro Shops 100MPH and some of their less expensive units in by the end of the week.
Gene
Hook LIne & Sinker
DL

Post by DL »

Cabela's Guidewear. Best $400 I have spent since I became dumb enough to fish in the rain :)
"Feel the steel"
reddog

Post by reddog »

I just got the BPS 100 MPH gear and it is awesome! If Gene is going to get them in I would tell everybody to go that route and not bat an eye! The gear is great and Gene always takes care of his customers.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I also bought the BPS 100 mph gear on Thursday and used it saturday up at Pedro. They were very comfortable and kept me dry all day long. For the price vs Simms you can't go wrong with the BPS brand. I no longer worry about having to put on 3 layers when fishing in the cold, jeans and my rain gear and I'm set.
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

Gene Buchholz wrote:I will have frog togs in today and Bass Pro Shops 100MPH and some of their less expensive units in by the end of the week.
Gene
Hook LIne & Sinker
What are the prices for BPS?
bobperry

Post by bobperry »

Cabela's Guidewear. I bought the insulated version. I fished for over 30 years before I finally spent the money on top quality foul weather gear. I'm very happy with it.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Same as Bass Shops I think the parka is $229 and the bibs are $199. I also have their bone dry gear coming in. The parka is $119 and the mants are $99
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gene Buchholz wrote:Same as Bass Shops I think the parka is $229 and the bibs are $199. I also have their bone dry gear coming in. The parka is $119 and the mants are $99
How does their bone dry compare to Gorex?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I heard it is better but I won't know until I get it in and read the entire specs on it. I also carry Game Hide which is really good, but I'm still waiting for the 2015 series to come in.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

DL wrote:Cabela's Guidewear. Best $400 I have spent since I became dumb enough to fish in the rain :)
Yup, i run the Cabelas Guidewear (uninsulated) bibs and jacket and I have never been wet since. The unisulated with some layers underneath is pefect as you dont sweat yo butt off in the april showers.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
scott h

Post by scott h »

BPS 100 MPH GEAR, best money I ever spent.Ihave never been wet in it and iIhave fished in everything from snow on Shasta to driving sideways rain on the delta, it has kept me dry eevery time. It is a bit pricey but well worth the investment, I have had mine since 2004 so going on 10 years now and still performing, keep it clean according to the care instructions on the tag and they will service you for years to come.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(