Tiki Lagun / Turner Cut Launch

KEDDINGS

Tiki Lagun / Turner Cut Launch

Post by KEDDINGS »

We want to head out and fish Mildred Island tomorrow. We're coming from Manteca and it looks like the Tiki Lagun or Turner Cut ramps would put us on the water right on where we want to fish. I have heard that Tiki has a drop off and is dangerous to launch at low tide but I went on Yelp and the reviews (this year) say the ramp was redone. I called and the girl in the office said it was redone this year but doesn't know if it fixed the drop off. She did say it was clear of hyacinth. I can not get ahold of anyone at turner and do not even know if it is a public launch or open before sunrise. I see people complain of the angle you have to back down the ramp, which is no big deal for me, but the pictures look like it is set up to be choked out by hyacinth. Any info you guys have on these two launch facilities would be greatly appreciated. I will be launching an 18ft fiberglass bass boat.
fishwithron2

Re: Tiki Lagun / Turner Cut Launch

Post by fishwithron2 »

There's another boat ramp off Whiskey Slough which would put you closer. This ramp is off Hwy 4 think it's at a place call Holt. Nice ramp and long dock. don't know what the charge is ?? Check your map as this ramp is at the end of Whiskey SL. You come out of Whiskey and turn left and about 1/2 mile your at Mildred.
KEDDINGS

Post by KEDDINGS »

The only thing I came up with around there was Whiskey Slough Harbor and the woman there said they are buried big time right now. Thanks for info though!

Edit: And their ramp is only open 7am - dark
whazup

Post by whazup »

Haven't used Whiskey Slough in years because they would not open their gate till sun rise. Things may have changed but I would check before I went. Too bad too, because it is a nice ramp. I believe there was a drop off there also, however.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

I've launched a 20' bass boat on a tandem axle trailer several times at both Tiki Lagun and Turner Cut without a problem. Haven't launched at either in over a year, but never had a problem with a drop off at either place. Like you said, the angle of the ramp at Turner Cut isn't easy, but very manageable. Tiki Lagun's ramp is a little steep, but not too bad. No reason I wouldn't launch at either again if that's where I wanted to fish and I didn't want to run. Good luck.
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

The ramps are less than 1/2 mile apart. Pick the one you like best and rip some lips.
KEDDINGS

Post by KEDDINGS »

Thanks for the info. Ramp was covered in wet hyacinth and was a little bit slippery, but we launched at super low tide and had no issues.
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

Whiskey slough ramp is completely choked with hyacinth. You will never get out. Nice ramp but blocked most of the time now adays..