Bass Pro Shops Open Altercation

Ballin21

Bass Pro Shops Open Altercation

Post by Ballin21 »

Tempers flare at Toho
1:37 PM EST, JAN 16, 2015 | BY JIM SEXTON
We got word this morning of an altercation between two competitors at the lock on the south end of Lake Toho. Reportedly Keith Poche bumped into Ish Monroe’s boat in the lock. A scuffle broke out and both anglers ended up in the water. According to eyewitnesses, other competitors fished Monroe and Poche out of the water. Tournament officials are investigating.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=5119
kraetzer

Re: Bass Pro Shops Open Altercation

Post by kraetzer »

Did somebody had to file charges for him to get arrested?
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
GW

Re: Ish Monore ARRESTED

Post by GW »

Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I personally think it's BS that not just ish but anybody gets arrested for a altercation during a sporting event. Fights happen all the time in all kinds of sporting events and you never here of other pro athletes getting arrested after the game is over. I understand BASS probably doesn't want this image but anytine you have very competitive athletes these things happen. What gets me is why would a guy press charges? Leave it out on the playing field and that's it. We can all think of a lot bigger fights that have happened in competition events and I never recall a athlete getting arreste. I'm sure ish had no intention on hurting the guy, and there's two sides to every story. I feel maybe fine ish but to Dq him for a whole season or possibly lifetime ban is way to harsh. I've seen some people on the BASS message board say some things about ish but if you don't know him he's a good guy. Don't mess with the West, jk but I hope this gets taken care of and ish gets to fish a full season cause our west coast pros are bad *** and making a statement on the trail.
mark poulson

Re: Ish Monore ARRESTED

Post by mark poulson »

What are the B.A.S.S. rules regarding on the water collisions, and stepping onto another competitor's boat?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

NOPE, not OK. You want to finish something in a parking lot when no one else is around, fine.
There's a time and place for everything as they say.

However, it is not OK, nor should it ever be OK for anyone to jump into anyone else's boat. PERIOD!
As we can all see now, nothing good will ever come from it. You damage the image of the sport which already has way too much attention from anti this and anti that as it is, and that's just a start.

Some thing like this, had it escalated could have done some serious damage to a sport fighting for it's outright survival right now,

I wasn't there so I won't pass judgement on either's actions, but I am quite certain that the punishment going forward for leaving your boat in this type of situation will be rather severe. Like, YOUR DONE......

Just my .02

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I agree with you on some of what you said Dan but my point is leave it out on the field and handle it like men afterwards. No one should ever get on another's boat nor should there be a physical scuffle. But c mon what does running to the cops do? If it were me and I'm 100% honest I wouldn't of said a dang thing and beat him by catching a bigger bag. BASS defiitnitly doesn't want this so DQ them for 1-2 events and let them know if it happens again then say good bye but to cancel their whole season is a bit much. That's just my opion, I wish them both a good season.
DL

Post by DL »

I can't believe cell phone video of this hasn't surfaced....
"Feel the steel"
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Or the fact that there's like no less than 2-4 go pros running on every boat it seems like now
g-man

Post by g-man »

Pro Athletes? OMG!! LMFAO! The last time I checked the professional bass fishermen looks more like their "juice'" is Body by Budweiser!

And Pro (REAL) athletes are getting arrested at its highest rate. If you break the law YOU break the law.

Does this mean the Kush Frog will be discontinued? LOL
100% LL
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

I will rescind my comment as this seems like too many stories being shared around the web... regardless NO physical confrontation should happen on or during a derby...
Last edited by elfish16 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

A recipe for disaster. A good read on what was going on in those 'locks':
http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/tharp-to ... g.comments
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Otay Michael wrote:A recipe for disaster. A good read on what was going on in those 'locks':
http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/tharp-to ... g.comments
This finally sheds some light on the situation. I'm glad that I don't make my living by fishing tournaments that allow locking to a different pool. This is about as bad as when you find all of your spots are covered on one of our small SoCal reservoirs during a derby. There's bound to be altercations when money is on the line.