Reel Stickers to Identify the Line Size

Wolfeman

Reel Stickers to Identify the Line Size

Post by Wolfeman »

I want to put stickers on my reels so I know what line is on each of them.
This is clearly a First World problem, because it means I have too many reels. :)

There was a guy on here back in the day who had just such a product. I know his first name was Tom and I think his last name was LeGrande or something close to that.

Anyway, I either need Tom to respond or one of you other folks to tell me how you do it.

What I want to get to is to have a set of reels for the Delta and another smaller set for the lakes. That way I don't have to respool a bunch of reels when I decide to go to Berryessa instead of the Delta. I'll just swap the reels.

And I'd also like to do a 'shout out' to all the old NCBFers who are lurking. Hope you all are doing well. Let's have a NutCase.

Thanks,
- Wolfeman.
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
kraetzer

Re: Reel Stickers to Identify the Line Size

Post by kraetzer »

You can use the price stickers people use for their garage sales.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

The ones Tom had I believe we're just little white circle stickers like the size of a dime with the line info printed on it and the sticker fit on the bottom/butt of the rod. You can probably find a pack of those stickers at staples or office max and just hand write on them. IE 10 lb flouro write 10F. Etc
"Jig fish are big fish"
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Wolfman -no need to spend $$ on a gimmick, you can purchase Avery Color Dots - write on em with a sharpie and place scotch tape over the color dot. Good to go - http://www.officeworld.com/Worlds-Bigge ... 5473/14Q1/

I remember when Tom Leogrande came out with his deal, im not sure if hes still selling em or not. NCBF - Nutcase Rally sounds good - :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Larry Hemphill

This works for me

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I just use a narrow spool of quality household masking tape. I cut a small piece tall enough for the line size and type of line (flx,flo) and underneath that - date. I do this for all spinning reel spools and left side of baitcasting reels under the handle. There is usually a space there for the tape. I rarely lose the tape, mostly because I always update them when putting on fresh line. The tape won't last for those of you that change your line every 5 years - LOL!!!
RHobbsjr

Post by RHobbsjr »

I use the blue painters tape so that it will come off when I want it too, and I use a small sharpie pen. I cut the tape small enough to hide under the gear housing on most reels. Usually a number for test and F for flouro m for mono. Whichever. It works great.
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

What Larry and rh said, masking tape you know you have some
Owner @ canopygrenades.com
g-man

Post by g-man »

LOL! I must be getto, I use the sticker on the spool of line when I buy it. I put it on the reels seat so its protected. Its not a long term solution, buts thats cause I change my line often.
100% LL